Recent Purchases (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just won a Lindbergh (Spell check? ) Ju-87 and a Revell/Monogram Do-217 E-4 and 25 paintbrushes for 7 dollars on Ebay! Pics when I get them.

Not a kit, but... picked this up for a few quid on ebay to grace "Spitfire Corner" as it will be when I get round to putting the shelves up:

It's an original watercolour from 1982, not as accomplished as the big-money aviation art that's out there but it's unique and quite nice to look at! Very pleased with it. :D

That picture would really accentuate a shelf of Spitfires. Make sure you post the final display

Just got this for a SONG!

HA00955.jpg

Listed on Hannants for 29 pounds, and at Squadron for 57$ (marked down to 37$), I manged to get one for 23$!! WOOT!

It sure does....One for next years Battle of Britain build, the other still deciding???:D

If I can make one small suggestion Wayne... Why not an Messerschmitt Bf 109E of Royal Yugoslav Air force. Only thing is that it would have to be E-3 variant with early type hood and yours is an E-4 version as I could see. There are some aftermarket 1/32 decals available. Check this link: LIFT HERE decals

I believe they have resellers for Australia too.

Anyway I'm sure looking forward for your entry for BoB GB next year. Its gonna be great.

Tha's what I call a great bargain Dwight! Good find mate!
I'm just waiting for a batch of kits I ordered for the 56 Squadron build, plus another one to finish a diorama. Got most at reduced prices, and one's a cheapy anyway, so I'm pleased - or will be when the bl**dy things eventually arrive! Hannant's and TAHS are normally quick at getting things out, but this d*mned Postal Service strike action is holding everything up! I'll post pics when/if they arrive.

Is Hannats got OK shipping prices?

Hannants shipping rates are pretty resonable but they have a 20 or 30 quid minimum order for kits and something lower (10 quid I think) for just decals.

Watch out for some of the other overseas mail order places though. I was about to buy a couple of accesories, total price before shipping was around 35 pounds and they wanted to charge me 35 pounds JUST for shipping. Cancelled THAT order really fast.

There's a couple of other good UK-based mail order sites guys, who have reasonable shipping rates and no minimum order. (Hannant's minimums aren't as high within the UK, but can be a pain).
The Aviation Hobby Shop ship FREE in the UK, and at cost,AFAIK, worldwide.
Model Hobbies have a blanket UK shipping charge of £3.40, and at cost, pro rata, worldwide.
I use both of these sources, and they provide good service, without problems. TAHS is more of a dedicated aviation model outlet, whereas MH cover all modelling and associated hobbies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back