Recent Purchases (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

There's a couple of other good UK-based mail order sites guys, who have reasonable shipping rates and no minimum order. (Hannant's minimums aren't as high within the UK, but can be a pain).
The Aviation Hobby Shop ship FREE in the UK, and at cost,AFAIK, worldwide.
Model Hobbies have a blanket UK shipping charge of £3.40, and at cost, pro rata, worldwide.
I use both of these sources, and they provide good service, without problems. TAHS is more of a dedicated aviation model outlet, whereas MH cover all modelling and associated hobbies.

Thanks for the heads up Terry. Just checked out TAHS and am adding them to my bookmark list. :D

Looks interesting Wayne. If you mess-up the rear canopy (not that you will of course!), you could maybe uase the formewr to mould another.
No problems Dwight. You should find TAHS very helpful, especially if you have cause to 'phone them, and they normally send a printed catalogue with any order, showing everything. The latest catalogue has just been printed last week, I was told today. I checked on shipping worldwide, and although they couldn't give me a hard example, due to variations in size, weight etc, they did tell me that they use the least expensive Air Mail option wherever possible, in order to take advantage of the special rates for small packages etc, offered by the British postal system, and they can use courier or other services if requested. They are a good company, who pass on any savings made by bulk purchase, especially of discontinued items, and don't add a premium for what some companies call 'collector's items'. NOTE, if you need to e-mail them, the address shows the name as thas, not tahs as would be expected, and this is correct. Any e-mails are normally answered within 24 hours of receipt, sooner if possible.One thing though, with credit card orders, they prefer a minimum of £10. Although they don't have a minimum order as such, they don't like sending, for instance, a white metal or resin part, costing £2 for example, as the only item, as the card fees and shipping costs more, and they lose out. Understandable of course!

Attachments

• Question.JPG
    Question.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 44
Just won this on ebay, some fecker tried to snipe it at the the last minute, but I was waiting for him! :D

Classic Airframes 1/48 Walrus
BdMotfgmkKGrHqIOKioEq4JRK-uBK31TuJL.gif

Going to build it as IAC Walrus N20. All over silver dope with tricolours on the wings and tail.

untitled-13.jpg

Just won this on ebay, some fecker tried to snipe it at the the last minute, but I was waiting for him! :D

Classic Airframes 1/48 Walrus
BdMotfgmkKGrHqIOKioEq4JRK-uBK31TuJL.gif

Going to build it as IAC Walrus N20. All over silver dope with tricolours on the wings and tail.

untitled-13.jpg

YOU SON OF A .... That was me trying to buy that bird! :lol: Just kidding. Be sure to Post a build log I would to see how it goes together

Finally got part of my order for the 56 Squadron build delivered today - which is strange, as there's a Postal strike in force today and tomorrow! Just waiting for two more kits (for now) to make up the 12 types from 1918 to 2008.
Nice catch Keith, coincidentally I've been looking at the cheapo Smer kit of the Walrus, for a possible 'rescue' diorama. Looking forward to seeing yours on the go mate.
Harrison, I get the impression you're excited about the Dornier kit! Don't blame you, should be a nice build, and a good one to try out some of your new-found skills.

Attachments

• Buys 047.jpg
    Buys 047.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 59
:lol: You're right. I got it for 7 dollars after all

It is from the same guy I bought the Stuka from, and now I am just waiting for that . Plus I like building the interior of the bombers :D

Nice kits yourself!

We've all been treating our addictions lately! :D Nice buys fellas!

Look what was in the post when i got home...

Ju88 ammo from Guttorm (not a purchase, a gift, thanks mate! :D)

SL380149.jpg

Also these...

SL380148.jpg

I love the 4 colour Czech scheme on the MiG29, but looking at the 2 grey Slovakian scheme, it looks like I need to buy another 29 kit!

Terry is that Roden Gladiator a nice kit?

Yep Keith, very nice, although I'm not sure if it justifies the price. I was trying to get the Lindbergh (ex-Inpact) kit, which is less than £10 and almost as good, considering it was made in the late 1960's, but it's currently out of production. As the next version available, also ex-Inpact was only £2 less than the Roden, I went for the latter. There's some nice detail, although some of it looks a little heavy at first viewing. But I've seen built and painted examples, and they look very nice, so it'll do the job. Which Mig kit have you got? I saw (I think) the Academy 1/48th at Model Hobbies for a very good price, and thought of adding it to the Mig21 and Mig17 for the 'Cold War' GB.

Cheers Terry, the 1st kit I ever built was a 1/72 matchbox (i think) gladiator. I need a 1/48 one for the stash.

I have the Academy MiG29, it has east german later luftwaffe markings. I got it cheap from luckymodel.com.

Thanks mate. Let me know what it's like, as I might get one - i think it was either £9.99 or £11.99 at MH, which can't be bad these days for a 1/48th kit of that size kite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back