Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B*ll*cks! So the computer went on strike, and you missed it? What a bummer! They are avialable from TAHS and Model Hobbies though, two versions, at around £25 I think. I'm hacked off that the Ventura is 1/72nd bl**dy scale!!

Found a 1/48 Revell Junkers Ju 52/3m (G-4) at TAHS for £19.99, think that it's the 04521 or H4521. So I tossed an email in their direction to see if they still had it and if they did, I'd take the kit of their hands.....

Thanks awfully old boy!

Dam nice buys Terry! 8) what a f*ck up though about the Ventura scale! ( have 3 myself , they're a nice kit eh?)

Can you complain to Hannets or whoever?

Found a 1/48 Revell Junkers Ju 52/3m (G-4) at TAHS for £19.99, think that it's the 04521 or H4521. So I tossed an email in their direction to see if they still had it and if they did, I'd take the kit of their hands.....

See I told ya there was another one out there waiting for you

Just imagine how you'll feel when you get it and that'l help

nice buys, todays trip to cosford air museum proved fruitful

Airfix 1/48 Spitifre Mk.I to be done as the on on the boxart

Airfix 1/72 Chinook to be done as Bravo November to join the model of the Wessex 'Humphery' also of Falklands Fame

finally the huge kit that is the Airfix 1/48 TSR-2 to be done as Cosfords example

Whey hey! The Ventura has eventually arrived, after three weeks delayed in the post! At least it's in one piece though, so I shouldn't grumble. BIG problem though - it's 1/72nd scale, but ordered as 1/48th scale!

Can you send it back to them Terry? ...If not, let me know. Been after that kit for ages, just let me know what you want for it! :D

happy0005.gif

Great new Ellis, glad your back rolling in the readies and by the looks of it, coming back with a bang
:hotsun: :hotsun:

Nice one Keith! And a nice little haul there too Lanc.
The Ventura came from TAHS, who were very apologetic, and are of course more than willing to refund, exchange or whatever. But I decided to keep it, to build as the RAF version some day, whenever. That is, until I checked the parts. I knew I'd need to mould the turret, as the kit has the later, Martin dorsal turret.(there is a RAF version still availble in places) But there's sod all I can do about the nose. The nose section parts are moulded as two clear halves, which is great for the side windows. But this means there's a joint down the centre of the nose cone, not a problem for the type provided in the kit, or a RAF GR MkV, which should be 'solid', but a big problem for the RAF MkI or MkII, which had the glazed nose, like the Hudson!
Too small and difficult to mould and fit a new transparency accurately. Darn shame, as I wanted to do the trio of RAF 2 Group American types in 1/48th scale.
Evan, if the kit is the right one for your needs, you can have it - I owe you one anyway! The parts are still sealed in the poly bags, but if you want some pics and a look at the destruction sheet and decals, PM me and I'll sort it.

new project:p

piet

Attachments

• p47.jpg
    p47.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 2845-28608.jpg
    2845-28608.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 71
  • 2845-28609.jpg
    2845-28609.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 83