Recent Purchases (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A few recent additions to the FAA stash... :lol:

IMGP0956.jpg

Retro chopper found in ebay. How do kits like this survive for decades without ever being built? Prob'ly been hiding in a 4,000-strong stash somewhere. :rolleyes:

IMGP0957.jpg

IMGP0958.jpg

New Airfix buck... very nice but why do the decals give a mismatched pair of serial numbers for the FAA version? How about that for QA.

IMGP0959.jpg

IMGP0960.jpg

IMGP0961.jpg

Got a couple of threse, they aren't that easy to get hold of but I read bad things about the Airfix Sea Hurricane so worth holding out for.

IMGP0962.jpg

After alot of searching at last got my Rita. Dont build to much in 1:32 except BF109 's and FW 190's
Hasegawa BF109 g-10 Rita 1:32

Hi Brandle,

probably not of great importance but Hasegawa got the details wrong on this kit. The first G-10s didn't reach I./JG 300 before November 1944 while the photos of Gzik's "Red 2" as published in the JG 300 history were taken in October 1944. So Gzik's "Red 2" couldn't have been a G-10. The WNr. as given in the kit is therefore incorrect (490642). None of the pics of 'Rita' actually show the WNr but it is known that in September and October 1944, the bulk of Werknummern of I./JG 300 109s were in the 780800-784000 range (MTT Regensburg), with a few more machines from the 413400-413900 and 460000-462000 batches (Erla). Gzik's "Red 2" was most probably an Erla produced G-14/AS.

There was a "Red 2" W.Nr. 490642 labeled as a G-10 in the document reporting its loss on 14 January 1945 with Uffz. Tautscher at the controls, but this was simply another aircraft, delivered to I./JG 300 at least one or two months after Gzik's "Red 2".

Info is via Richard Goyat, one of the co-authors of the JG 300 books..

..was lucky enough to come across a guy selling his stash recently - picked up about 20 rare kits for under £100 ..including stuff by Karo-As, AML, CMK, Huma etc ...here's their Go 145

go145.jpg

Last edited:
Nice hauls everyone.

AL49. I have the SM-72 but in 1/72 scale. I look forward to building it but I have no decals for it. :mad:

Hi, do you mean that you have a kit for this aeroplane?
sm72i-vi.jpg
sm722-vi.jpg

According to a book I have it was a medium bomber with three 500 Hp radial engines and was operational in the mid thirties.
Concerning decals, I think you will have to look for a compromise or do some scratch-building.
In facts there are some 1:72 decal sheets from Tauromodel that concerns multiengine Regia Aeronautica aircraft. Some references are: 72513 - 72519 and 72563.
There aer also two Sky Models sheet no. 72019 and 72003.
I suggest you to look for colour references and then search the decals you need.
Hope this will be of some help for you.
Cheers
Alberto

...here's their Go 145

go145.jpg

That Huma Go-145 is a great kit. I've got one in my stash as well.

What other kits did you pick up?

Alberto, the Tauro decals are very hard to come by. I haven't found anyone in the US who carries them anymore and the last time I checked (about a week ago) the Tauro website was offline. Misterkit is the only place I have found that has any sizeable listing for them.

Last edited:
Hi, do you mean that you have a kit for this aeroplane?
sm72i-vi.jpg
sm722-vi.jpg

According to a book I have it was a medium bomber with three 500 Hp radial engines and was operational in the mid thirties.
Concerning decals, I think you will have to look for a compromise or do some scratch-building.
In facts there are some 1:72 decal sheets from Tauromodel that concerns multiengine Regia Aeronautica aircraft. Some references are: 72513 - 72519 and 72563.
There aer also two Sky Models sheet no. 72019 and 72003.
I suggest you to look for colour references and then search the decals you need.
Hope this will be of some help for you.
Cheers
Alberto

No this one

SM79kit-vi.jpg

Hi guys

just bought a ARII me109 G off e-bay :oops: for the pricely sum of £5.71 including p&p.

The thing is there is no instructions with it:oops: :oops:.

I can't post a pic as i can't swap it from e-bay to save it. ( the pic )
it has the eye's on it and it is a 1/48 scale. Has any body got any instructions for this job or should i build it by eye, trail fit :oops:

It might be the same one as the Academy kit Keith, so someone might have instructions. If not, it should be pretty straightforward if, as you say, you trial fit etc as you go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back