Recent Purchases (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice purchase Magnu. :thumbright:

My two shots today.....

Attachments

• ZV04803.jpg
    ZV04803.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 77
  • RR4190.jpg
    RR4190.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 79
The kit is like the La-5FN no.4801.I mean high detailed at many levels, engine and its department, cockpit interior etc.
Looking at the mould frames I've got an impression that most of the kit details are the same for both of these kits.All parts are moulded clean without overflows.However I have noticed small cavities at a few areas on fuselage halves, wings and on the rudder on one side of it.The "glass" is transparent and quite thin consisting of windshield, central hood and side window glasses..Flaps are moulded with the bottom half of the wing and marked quite nice.It should be easy to cut them off and make them opened.Slats are moulded separately and can be fix either opened or closed. Decals look good and offer markings for three La-5s.However the white colour looks quite yellowish like the decal sheet was printed long time ago.
Generally it is a very nice kit but could have been a little bit cheaper comparing to the ICM models.

I was bored at work the other day and browsed on Ebay and got a bit carried away
Aircraft089.jpg

Hi magnu, nice buys!
I'm particularly interested in this Veltro kit, I never saw myself a 21st Century kit.
I will follow carefully your w.i.p. if you will be doing one.
Cheers
Alberto

Cheers all.
I now have plenty to keep me busy for quite a while. I'm hoping to do the 1/32 Revel P51B as Kidd Hoffers Salem Representative if I can find decals for it as I have quite a lot of reference material for it. The Starfix 109E will be used in the BOB group build unless I get hold of a Hurricane which will be done as Keith Park s OK 1. So it may be a while before I get round to the Veltro but I will keep you posted.
Also looking forward to seeing how the La5 goes
Hope we weren't bidding against each other Ellis

Hofer's machine was included on one of the Superscale (once Microscale) sheets, and I think is possibly now available under the Xtradecal label, via Hannant's. The kit is not too bad from the tail to the engine firewall, but the nose and prop/spinner are way out and, overall, it's what you'd expect from a late 1960's kit. Great then, a bit 'iffy' today. That said, in the colour scheme you're aiming for, a lot of the shape issues are disguised by the colouring, and it can be made into a nice model.

No problem.....here you are...:)

Attachments

• box1.jpg
    box1.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 57
  • box2.jpg
    box2.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 53
  • frame1.jpg
    frame1.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 54
  • frame1a.jpg
    frame1a.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 56
  • frame1b.jpg
    frame1b.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 54
  • frame3.jpg
    frame3.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 52
  • frame2b.jpg
    frame2b.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 57
  • frame2a.jpg
    frame2a.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 54
  • frame2.jpg
    frame2.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 56
  • frame3a.jpg
    frame3a.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 54
  • frame3b.jpg
    frame3b.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 56
  • instrukcja.jpg
    instrukcja.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 56
  • instrukcja1.jpg
    instrukcja1.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
do they fit together well ?

I haven't started the kit assembling yet.But at glance they do.So there shouldn't be any special problems with fitting in my opinion. But the kind of kits always need some putty and sanding at a few areas.

The pilot is not immportant. I'll let him "sit" in my box with spare parts. Forever.....:lol:

Cool buy Andy. :thumbright:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back