Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheeky sod! My hair is still black, and that's me sitting under the 'F' in the code.
Sorry mate, can't help with the decals then. I think I might have a red and white 'X' somewhere, but not the 'F', and it'll be a tad smaller, and I haven't any spare 'C1' roundels.

G'day Gang,

Went on a little shopping expedition today, came home considerably lighter in the back pocket, but very pleased with the results!!!!

was rather excited to find this little baby, being an Aussie n all.....

and also came home with what i'd set out to snag in the first place..

Comes with decal set for RAAF WC Bobbie Gibbes

Really looking forward to building them both!

pete

Finally had a chance to get down to Radlett (nearest civilization to my village), and collect the parcel that's been there since Friday (damn weekend working!).

And here's the contents 8) :

Nice little haul BT

Cheers Vic. I've already started the P-51 I have to say I'm very impressed with the HobbyBoss kit. It's the first one I've bought, and the one-piece fuselage and one-piece wing are both very well moulded, loads of detail (especially around the cockpit), and fit togeter with a minimum of fuss and filler (and if you're lazy/impatient on small builds like I am, they're a godsend too!). And it's cheaper than Airfix by about 15%, while being a better kit. The decals look to be decent quality too, though of course I won't be using them. I'll definitely be buying some more of these in the future 8)

This old (1971) kit arrived today. One of the Revell 'Classics', supposedly in the same packaging etc as when first issued. It hasn't changed, it's still a Mk1 made to look a (bit) like a MkIIc, even though packaged as a Mk1, but basically fairly accurate overall. It'll be going into the BoB GB, suitably improved in the required areas.
Anyone notice the errors in the box art BTW ?

Attachments

• Can Jan 393.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 95
Nope, the colour scheme is more or less correct. But, for the period (post November 27th 1940), it's highly unlikely that Tuck and his Squadron would be tangling with Ju87s over Britain, as they'd virtually been withdrawn earlier in the Battle. Also, although the Burmese Peacock flag is included in the decal sheet with the kit, it's not shown under the cockpit on the box art. The instruction sheet painting guide is titled as R S Tuck etc, Battle of Britain - which officially ended on 31st October !
Nice decal sheet though, and as mentioned, a few things aside, it's not too bad a kit, and can build into a nice replica of the Mk1 with a bit of work and replacement prop and wheels (which I've now got this time - had to raid the spares box to cobble a prop together, and make do with the kit's wheels last time). The canopy really needs an after market vac form, or mould one as I have, and there isn't a gun sight in the kit. A strange omission, as there is a decal for the reflector on the rear-view mirror, so for such small details, why miss the gun-sight. To be fair though, the decal sheet is current, state of the art, and the kit is from a 1971 mould, so can't really be picky over that I suppose !

Users who are viewing this thread