Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey guys, I'm trying to step back into model building again. It's been 27 years and I have forgotten a lot. I do paint cars for a living and do have to weather and age some of the parts that we put on the vehicles so I do have a little understanding of how things can work. I will be spending a lot more time reading in the tutorial section and learning. I went out today and bought a Iwata airbrush (Eclipse) and air compressor with some paint brushes, some files, and a hand pin vise with 5 bits. I'm now broke again. I did have a coupon for 40% off and USED it. I am going to do my best to learn from you guys and not be a pain. It may be a while before I get started for I've only got two models which I've had since I quit. A P-51D ( a Fujimi kit) and I P-40B (an Academy/Minicraft kit). I have no clue of the quality of these two kits and I have absolutely no paint yet so don't hold your breath for me to get started. I may be worse than Jan or Chook about finishing a model. I don't know Here is a shot of what I got myself into today.

Last edited:
I don't understand....Jans really a Muppet!?

Some good preparation toys there Aaron.....you will be building in no time...

My new purchases...both candidates for the new Group build! The Kittyhawk is 1/32

Attachments

• IMGP3238.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMGP3241.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 58
Nice score Wayne.

Could you dome a favor with your Mk.Vc kit? The wings! Could you scan or take a picture of the top surface and post them for me? I am finding it a devil of a time to find the correct proportion of the blister over the guns! I can scale the image from a post and see if the Mk.Vb wings I have on mine need changing.

Is this possible? I feel an idiot for not using the Vc kit for my entry, but I already had the Vb trop in the closet. As I understand it, the Vc was just a wing conversion of the Vb? Is this correct?

Bill

Last edited:

Can do Bill...I think you are right about the wings?

I thought that it was:

A: They twisted my arm....
B: It fell into the bag....
C: The card just jumped up on the counter....
D: She/he smiled at me....
E: All the above....

Users who are viewing this thread