Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice Wayne!
I see Jan has now got his own Svenske Panzerabteillung!
Aaron, the A20/Boston was a relatively smooth aircraft, so the surface detailing is about right. The kit can be built 'as is', without having to add much, if anything, in the way of interior detail, as a lot of it can't bee seen much through the narrow fuselage openings. But in any version, 'gun' nose or bomber, rear turret or open rear cockpit, it makes into an impressive model. Beware though, it needs a lot of weight in the extreme forward bomb bay, and anywhere else it can be packed, to keep the nose on the deck - see my build of the Italeri Boston III in the Bombers/heavy hitters GB.

My latest score.....2 Kits a D-9 and D-11 plus a bonus 1/144 Me262!!

Nice purchase Wayne, not sure I could cope with a 262 in 144 though

So, in just a couple of weeks or a month, I've gone from no heavymetal to:

2 x Tiger I's
1 x Stug IV
1 x T-34/85
1 x SU-85M
1 x Mk. 1c Firefly
1 x M4A1 Sherman (76mm)W
1 x Steyr RSO Tractor

:oops: :lol:

So Jan not much has changed then, your still......................all tanked up.............
happy0180.gif

I seem to have bought one of these

Crikey its quite large!!

excited about starting it once i have finished the hurricane though !

Attachments

• REV5600.jpg
    REV5600.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 78
Just acquired this via EBay:

MatchboxEA-6BProwler.jpg

Box is battered and the kit is part started - wings and pods/drop tanks assembled. And it's HUGE - I didn't realise just how big the Intruder airframe is. Otherwise in good shape, I may consider aftermarket decals though.

Good stuff TD and BT.
That B17 builds into a very nice model - and it is big! Takes up one complete shelf in part of my display!

I have read a few reviews that the MB Prowler is a bit of a dog assembly wise. There is certainly no detail of any kind in the pit area, but it looks like a fun kit to build if you take it for what it is - cheap and cheerful :D I seem to have been overcome by Matchbox nostalgia of late, hopefully I can scrub this up into a decent build!

Look forward to seeing it BT. The old matchbox range was huge, and although some of the kits were, as you say, a bit basic, they provided some lesser-known types, and all were a good basis for some nice models.

This one, for 34 of the Queens finest folding....and free shipping! Not too bad, thinking of some of the prices that I've seen on the book...

Will go just nicely with my Dragon 1/35 Mk. Ic Firefly 8)

Attachments

• Sherman Firefly by Mark Hayward.jpg
    Sherman Firefly by Mark Hayward.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 68
Part 1 has arrived the Dragon USS Livermore 1/350 comes with some PE but I will still have to get some railings.I do not think you will see them in the photo with the PE but 6 injection moulded figures :shock: and they look good :shock: I also got the MIG pigments have been wanting to try these anyone out there had any experience using them?Part 2 is the Prinz Eugen with PE from Model Expo that may come after the 1st.I hope that Part 3 is WS 1/32 B25 in Feb 2011 ;)

rp001_edited.jpg

rp002_edited.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back