Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Seems like the Romanian 109 that deserted and had a huge stars and stripes painted on the sides (to help avoid being shot down) is one of 'em

Chris and i took a day trip out to Whitstable to the fish market,walking through the town we came across a model shop the 1st proper shop i've seen in a long time,we came away with a 1/72nd airfix Liberator for me and a seven class lifeboat for her

Although I promised myself not to buy more kits until ESM, I made an exception today.

With my CyberHobby BF-110D currently on life support (not pronounced dead yet, but I doubt I'll finish it anytime soon given the dumb mistakes I've made sofar) I've been thinking about a new night fighter project. Excellent opportunity arose today with the Eduard BF-110E Weekend Edition kit at a discount at my fav. online hobby store and give a 110 in 1/48 another try. With this 'E' added to the stash I have two Eduard 110 (the 'G' and the 'E') and as I was going over it I figured I might do a kind of night fighter related 'brains and body' project the shape of Wolfgang Falck's 'E' (finding ways to effectively fight bombers at night was his brainchild for a good part) and Schnauffer's 'G' (if anyone, Schnauffer was the top scorer amongst the men who did 'the dirty work', the body so to speak) Another 'G' I'm considering is <<< G9+AA Werk.nr 140655 of Joachim Jabs, also a high ranking ace, and this mount I find rather interesting given the stunt he pulled of with it in April '44, blasting two Spitfire from the sky after he was caught upon returning from a daylight transit/training mission.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread