Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice one Nxthanos, I don't know much at all about that craft.
First i ever heard of it was about 1972 in a game called 'luftwaffe', they were being used by the german school units in the game!

The D 520 was a great plane when it was introduced, on par with the early spitfires and 109Es, but since France fell it was not developed any further.

The D.520 is a nice little kit, you will enjoy it Chris!
It looks pretty good, I intend to make it after the Kitech MS 406 (it appears to be the hobbycraft kit) and i hope to get in a build for the new group build also.

This afternoon I've been to a local IPMS meeting/swap meet and got my hands on these two kits for a few euro's.

italeri132-dc3dakota.JPG

103600-b.jpg

To go with the DC-3 (since the kit decals looked, although printed by cartograph, pretty shabby as I appears to be a quite old boxing of this kit)
front.jpg

Great fun with some 30 modellers on the go and quite a few people who came to check it out.

Last edited:
Good stuff Jelmer, and not a bad kit that Dakota - see my last 'Dan Air' DC-3 build.
The F-27 looks interesting, always remember the camouflaged ones doing some spectacular low fly pasts, with smoke, in the '80s - threw them around like fighters !

Jelmer, didn't you say you were going to stop buying kits for a while? :lol:

Actually yeah, but this purchase was rather break-even if you will, 'cause I got rid of a few kits frm my own stash as well ;) (talking about cheating yourself :p )

I actually like the F-27 too Terry, bit of a workhorse there. (Pity not too many good modern kits exist of it)

Last edited:
Jelmer, if you can find some info/pics of the Airborne Forces F 27s used by the Netherlands in the 80s, in camouflage, I might do the Airfix 1/72nd scale kit. Unfortunately, all the great shots of them I had were lost, along with the other 1,000+ slides I had, in a fire 20 years ago.

I'll keep an eye on it Terry! The Flevo Decals sheet comes with a pretty sizable booklet and registration codes for no less then eight Friendships/Troopships including multiple grey/green camouflaged kites and a light grey over dark grey camouflaged one (later scheme) Good color call-outs on the various schemes as well. Perhaps a scan of the booklet migt be helpful.

Also, the link below might be helpful. It leads to a topic on Milspotters.nl containing pic of various Fokkers (mostly) in Dutch service or otherwise spotted on Dutch AFB. Quite a few F-27's right there.
MilSpotters.nl • Toon onderwerp - Fokker in KLu dienst

There's a few other Dutch websites as well with detailed information on Registrations, colors, etc. but perhaps a bit difficult to understand since they're in Dutch, although I'd be happy to help you out with translating some of the info into something usable for you to build a model.

F27Klu-1.jpg

(For the color scheme only, as this is an F60 I believe)
F60_U03.jpg

Last edited:
Well here is what I'm going to try next Even tho it's a weekend thing I doubt I'll get it done in a weekend. And like the Airfix kit this will be my first Eduard kit.

And with getting the paint as well it still ran me 60$ so it will probably be my last one for a bit too unless I go back to 1/72 scale.

EDU00084106_0_l.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back