Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just arrived, $9.99 off ebay.

That is FOUR complete 1/48 kits, each usually sells for $20 bucks each!

The spit and mustang only have one decal option each, but the mig 3 and teh Yak 9 have several options.

Its also cool in that i never built a spitfire Mk VII, a totally new type for me to work on.

Nice Catch!. The ICM Mustang possibly (although not officially) is a 'reverse enigineered' Tamiya Mustang as almost all parts of the Tamiya P-51B and the ICM P-51B are interchangeable (the difference being the ICM molding is a bit on the rought side compared to Tamiya) Their Spitty's are rather nice too. Take a little extra work, but you do get what someone referred to as a kind of 'Swiss Army Knife' of Spitfire kits holding just about all parts for a MK.VII/MK.VIII/MK.IX so with some after market decals you can take it into many different directions

Last edited:
I noticed that while examining the kit trees, about the Spitfire. The mustang kit is the only one of the four with a pilot figure, added adition weight to the copy premise for it.

The wings of the spitfire have a cut out to add the correct cannon fairing, there are several wing tips and so on.

Overall I'm extremly pleased with this pickup, the news that the mustang is a copy of the tamiya kit is just an added bonus!

Good hauls guys. I've built both the ICM Mustang and Spit, and they make very nice models. Spit needs careful attention, and some surgery to achieve the correct wing dihedral, but possibly the best Spit kit in this scale to date.

Never heard of Doyusha brand, do you have any screen shots of the sprues?

Would love to see what's under the hood!

Never heard of Doyusha brand, do you have any screen shots of the sprues?

Would love to see what's under the hood!

Here are some links tothem.
Zero Fighter Type 21 A6M2 `BAKUSEN` (Plastic model) Contents1
Large Scale Planes - Reviews

very nice!

btw, is the Zero's naval color a combination of silver and white?

No Rob, the primary colour for Zero's is an Olive grey also being described as similar to RLM02 for the Overall metal surfaces and a slightly different lighter grey for the cloth covered control surfaces.

Picked these up as a set for $19.99

This guy went for $8.50 and includes Romanian decals only, I have bought a set of eagle strike decals for her.

Users who are viewing this thread