Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Aaron, maybe you could stick a post up on the 'I'll trade U 4 that' thread, in case someone has the parts you need for the S-2F. (I don't myself sorry). Btw, what scale is the Tracker? If 1:72, is it an independent mould, or a copy of the Hasegawa kit?

It was the Kinetics 1/48 scale kit Kevin, I already have a second kit that I found for less than half the cost of retail. I was missing parts for the wings. Now I can do one folded and one extended. If I am ever home again I am going to finish the first one I got for Terry. He's been waiting for over a year for it now.

And that is excellent news Prem!:thumbright:

Delivered today....

DSC_1023_zps8v82q78d.jpg

It's a nice kit, decals for two birds, both with smokering camouflage...might get a C.200 next, to round off 'Italian connection' and wish for a mainstream G.55 and Re.2005! :lol:

It's a new-tool release from this company. The kit appears to be very accurate in outline shape, dimensions and detail. There are two options for making of the model ( two cockpit windshields and two props). Also cockpit interior has a couple of different details for both variants and there are two bottoms of the fuselage. Two disadvantages though ... no a gunsight and the starboard fuselage half doesn't have the fin moulded together. The one was added to the port one. As a result , for sure, there is a thin gap between the starboard half of the fuselage and the fin that requires some of putty, sanding and polishing to make the area looks properly.

IMG_1441_zps9ee781c7.jpg

IMG_1442_zps3727a006.jpg

11239976553_0640621201_c.jpg

airfixa02067reviewmd_7.jpg

Last edited:
The PK-G FB387 was flown by Eugeniusza Horbaczewskiego. As memo serves he used three Mustangs III of different serials ( FB166, FB382, FB387) but the same PK-G letter code. Also the number of victory markings was different because of period of time.

horba1.jpg

horbaczewski_1.jpg

horbaczewski_2.jpg

horbaczewski_3.jpg

horbaczewski_4.jpg

mustf.jpg

Mustang Horbaczewski.jpg

Regarding the pilot of the PK-H , there is a problem becuase the Mustang III FB353 known as the one with PK-H code ( earlier SZ-H FB353) was transfered from the 316th Squadron to the 315th one at the end of 1944. Because there were applied seven or eight victory markings over V-1 the only pilot who could have flown the plane was Wt.Off Tadeusz Szymański.

PK-H.jpg

PS. Mustang III PK-H FB376 stayed with the 315th Squadron in 1945.

315_Coltishal_1.jpg

PKH.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back