Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well, the Sea Venom has arrived and she is HUGE 8) I've started doing some research already, it looks like I will be building the box art version, XG693 of 894 NAS, HMS Albion, 1960. Will put sprue shots up if anyone's interested?

Well, I've done it again :lol:

Nipped into my local Hobbycraft store for a few bits and bobs, and came upon an Airfix Falklands War Collection in 1/72nd.

In the box you get six aircraft

A Sea Harrier of 899 NAS aboard HMS Hermes

A Pucara of Grupo 3 de Ataque, Pebble Island

A Super Etendard of 2 Escuadrilla de Caza Y Ataque, Commandante Espora AB

A Skyhawk of of 3a Escuadrilla de Caza Y Ataque aboard ARA 25 de Mayo

A Harrier GR.3 of No 1 Squadron aboard HMS Hermes

A Mirage III of Grupo 8 de Caza, Comodoro Rivadavia AB

Additionally, you get fifteen Humbrom mini-acrylics, a brush, and needle tipped poly cement

The price of all this lot?

Sixteen and a half quid 8)

Needless to say, I bought one, these will make good practice for my painting and decal skills. Only downside (to be expected at such a price), is that only the Harriers are really detailed kits. The four Argentine a/c are 30 part, 4-step assembly jobs, but I'm confident that they will look OK assembled

And for two and a half quid a go, I've nothing to complain about!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Finally found a 1/32 Dora, in Canada! I am going to see about purchasing it. I wanted a Revell one, but it's out of production already, so it's a Hasegawa one. It must be a pre-price increase, because it's $50.00, + 8 shipping, which I'm willing to pay, as even with the shipping a new one would be more in tune with $75.00.

Thankfully, for once, there's no luck involved. I've been in correspondance with the owner of the store and he has put it on hold for me! All I needed was my parent's credit card, and I went to order it, but their store hours are wrong on the site, so I'll try again tomorrow.

And my recent...

Attachments

• 3440.jpg
    3440.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 28

Users who are viewing this thread

Back