Recent Purchases (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice 'donations'. Is the Dams Lanc a new one, like Revell's really great MkI/III?
If so, it should be marvellous - the old 1960's one wasn't bad, but a bit lumpy in parts. If the new kit includes the ventral guns, leave them off - they weren't fitted for the raid.

You'll soon know if it IS a reissue of the old kit, by the turrets and canopy. From what I remember, even from the time (around 1966 or '67!), the framework on the turrets, and the canopy, was very heavy, as was some of the surface detail. It seems logical though that Revell would issue a new Dams Lanc from the same moulds as their beautiful new BMk I/III. Even though I don't normally 'do' 1/72nd scale, I WILL be doing the Revell Lanc for the Bombers GB.

Aussie decals have released 1/72 G for George set so once I order a Revell lanc I'm getting those as well. All being well should be for the GB as well.

With the Lanc, sorry, but I'm convinced it's the basic 60's kit.

I have the old Revell Lanc back in NZ, and I've seen the Revell Dambuster (first released in 1993) in the shops here. Going by the photos on the box, it is the same kit, with the new parts for the Type 464 provisioning (the 'Upkeep' mine).

Checked it up on the net too, just to be sure, and while none of the superb internal details of the 2007 Mk.I/III release are mentioned, the feature of 'movable control surfaces' is. That nails it for me.

In saying that, I'd welcome Revell to issue a new Dambuster, based on their new tool B.I/III...

Just a few minutes before posting this, I saw on the Hannant's web-site, in the 'Future Releases' section, the Revell Dam Buster Lanc. So, I guess the above one is as we thought, a re-release of the '60's kit, but that a new one, presumably based on the new BI/III kit, is on the way soon! Goody....if you like to model one of only a few aircraft, used once; but welcome just the same. Revell (Germany) are doing some darn good stuff, and I hope they keep it up, especially at their reasonable prices!

Came very close to buying the new Revell lanc today and Academy Black Cat.

Instead I bought a 1/18th scale Holden Torana SLR 5000. Its an Australian muscle car for anyone wondering.

Users who are viewing this thread