Recent Purchases (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

When your nearest paint supply equals a 4 hour round trip you need to source out other options: on the left, including shipping, 25$, on the right, 5$ish, plus gas, plus taking SWMBO shopping...

035.JPG

....still waiting for the grey primer to show up

So, since last post my 'need' for Sci-Fi has not diminished (go figure). I've gotten some more Bandai 1/100 Sci-fi - Two Yukikaze kits (the unmanned FRX-00 and the manned FFR-41 variant), another Macross Frontier VF-25F and the new 1/72 Star Wars Tie Interceptor. Also some more Hasegawa Macross stuff too; a couple of VF-1A/J/S kits and a VF-0 in 1/72.

Back to reality, those four 1/48 Hasegawa F-14's I had lined up, became five F-14's (2x F-14A, F-14B and 2x F-14D; all special/limited editions) - also a bunch of 1/48 aftermarket for A-4's, F-4's, F-14's and Harrier GR.7/9 stuff, some Ronin Graphics decals (Hornets, Hawks, P-8, etc; Ronin does INCREDIBLE decals), and also pre-ordered the new Reid Air book, "The Modern SLUF Guide: the A-7 exposed".

More interesting to the audience here though, finally got me a copy of the EE book, "Wolfgang Falck: the Happy Falcon", new Kagero "Ta 152" book, the slightly less new Kagero "Ta 152 Top Drawings" book, a set of the Red Roo Models 1/48 3SQN & 430SQN RAAF "The Away Team Part 1" Mustang III decals, Red Roo 1/48 RAAF P-51D/K/CA-18 Target Tug set, Red Roo 1/48 RAAF Meteor U.21 Drone Conversion, Red Roo 1/48 RAAF Beaufighter Target Tug Conversion and the incredible Red Roo published "Southern Cross Mustangs" book (possibly the best RAAF-type focused monograph I have ever seen!). A set of 1/48 Ju88 exhausts and wheels too, with other various Lw aftermarket (such as some Bf 109G-10 wings for the Revell kit, CMK Me 162 super detail set, CMK Fw 190A/F super detail set, CMK He 219 Engine Set and a bunch of Lw seat belts, decals, etc).

I also happened upon another 1/32 Revell He 219A for the princely sum of $60 - I snapped that up!

I'm still in the process of getting my hands on another Tamiya Do 335 (want to do a Nightfighter conversion - I want an A-12, so I can use most of the second cockpit, and just vacu-form a replacement 'flush spine' and 'flush canopy') and the Eduard Bf 109G-5, because the G-6 kit is awesome, but the G-5 has a bunch of scheme's I'd like to do.

What am I looking forward to? Eduard have told me there are two Bf 109G-10 variants in the pipeline (I expect one to the be the Erla G-10/U4 (as no one has done an Erla G-10 in 1/48), the other I don't know), which I hope will trigger some Eaglecal Bf 109G-10 decals (there's a serious shortage of interesting G-10 schemes in 1/48). I also heard a whisper (through a seller in the Czech, I have dealt with for a while) that Japo's Fw 190D vol.III looks to be a possible 2017 release... But I'm not holding my breath; vol.III has been a rumour since what, 2010-ish?

D

When your nearest paint supply equals a 4 hour round trip you need to source out other options: on the left, including shipping, 25$, on the right, 5$ish, plus gas, plus taking SWMBO shopping...

View attachment 354824

....still waiting for the grey primer to show up

You ever used that primer before Fubar? Whatever you do, DO NOT try and sand it - it will just tear and you'll end up having to strip the while primer off! And it all but falls off etch (and certain types of Resin) - like you rub it with your fingers, and it tears and falls off...

If you need a primer you can sand (which in my book, is one of the main reasons WHY I prime) go with either Tamiya Primer-Microfiller or Mr Surfacer (as they're so awesome for tidying up joins down panel lines, minor sink marks, sanding gouges, etc), or Alclad II Primer-Microfiller. The Alclad is pretty hot, so don't go too insane with thick coats, but has an awesome bite to it and is REALLY hard, so you can sand away with no worries - and the black primer, with a polish up using 2000 grit paper (or higher), is just the most amazing prep for the Alclad II Metal Lacquers.

Dan

By the way, since I was mentioning books earlier, can anyone give me a No-BS answer on whether or not EE's "Fighters of the Iron Cross" was ever actually published? I had a pre-order, which I then was refunded for but since then everywhere I look seems to conflict; some places say it has been publish but has Sold Out/OOP, while others say it hasn't been released... Some places even say both!

I find it hard to believe I would miss such a work, but you never know (and I spent 2-3 years tracking down a copy of Japo's Bf 109K Camo & Markings - I don't really want to go through that again)...

Dan

That looks like an interesting project to do with the kids Jim

Got this one on ebay cheep. Gives me another option for the Helicopter group build to go with the Cobra I already have in the stash.

PA142191.JPG

20161023_015640.jpg

Here is what comes in a rather large box...

20161023_015755.jpg

...and assembled by me and my daughter Lily. Oh and they include a free magnetic tipped philips screw driver!

20161023_015720.jpg

And here she is running... It's a shame she spins the wrong way and sounds like a small vacuum! But we had fun building it and she looks great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back