Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

....tho odds on, as soon as I do the F-35C schemes, Fightertown, Furball or Caracal will produce the scheme I want.

$25 for a sheet is actually cheaper when you factor in time, than "rolling your own" to my usual standards... Haha

D

Cheers mate - Wayne has used my stuff before, so it's not my first rodeo - but next experiments, if successful, will be even cooler.

And it's a good excuse to get the etchant tank set up again... In addition to the decal projects there are things I need to etch up.... Panels (that you then paint white and apply decal to, to make your own Eduard-style colour etch) and antenna for projects ranging from F-14's, EA-7L, Meteor TT and U, some Luftwaffe stuff, and maybe even my vacuum-formed PC-9A project....

A4K - for stuff like, well, A-4K's, it's not hard (I'm working on a 1/48 Draken set ATM for a TA-4K).

If you ever want advice, help, suggestions, whatever, drop me a line - or if enough ppl want, I'll do a write up of the basic techniques. I'm all for sharing the skills (and even etching - there's quite a bit of overlap!... Hopefully I'll get this Vac-forming thing down soon too, once I get this PC-9A mastered)...

Dan

I want to do these guys:

14799854179_5a17675beb_b.jpg

Draken_4-171.jpg

I have the old Monogram OA-4M, with the Red Roo TA-4G conversion - its an OLD kit, but still builds pretty good. So I want to do it up in the beautiful late RNZAF scheme, Draken markings (everything except the Draken badge is black, making it really easy) and possibly play with some 'glow in the dark' tape I have that is the exact same colour as the formation tape lights on these jets.

Nothing about the decals presents any real challenge!

D

Yea, that's what stopped me when I was doing the pre-order; below minimum purchase price for shipment outside of the U.K. and shipping almost as much as the kit. I WILL GET ONE AND IT WILL BE AN RCAF KITE MY FRIEND...just not today

Users who are viewing this thread

Back