Recent Purchases (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Geo, maybe you and I are "Defiant" Canadians. I don't have one either and don't plan on getting one.

I am protesting Airfix's lack of attention to a long-overdue new tool Spitfire XIV.......yeah, that's it.

New arrivals
Bf109F Dual Combo_4819.jpg
Ki-61_Tamiya_4821.jpg
Finnish Hurricane Decals_4825.jpg
Finnish Hurricane Decals_4827.jpg
Luftwaffe seatbelts_4829.jpg
...:D

Grabbed today... Actually I was surprised with the kit because the kit titles aren't adequate to the model type that comes in a box very often. This time the P-40 really is of the large chord fin charcteristic for the K version.

D-220.jpg

Terry, the firm had been called Mastercraft. I think it is a reboxed kit or a copy of any. Anyway it's quite cheap and sprues look quite nice. The decals are for three kites: RAF, USA and VVS,

Nice one Wojtku!

I bought their Fw 190A-5/A-8 last year, which is a copy of the original Hasegawa kit. Differs only in quality of plastic (this one is much more 'grainy') with poorer parts fit (though even the Hase kit wasn't great there) plus reworked - for the worse - upper cannon cover. Decals look generally ok, though A-4 decals supplied instead of A-8!

I'd be interested in the accuracy of this P-40 my friend.

As memo serves their Fw190A isn't a copy of the old Hasegawa kit. But not suret hough. However the Fw190D-9 kit is the copy. I have the origin old Hasgawa one and I'm sure about that fully..

I'll check on the P-40 and let you know.

Evan,

Just have a look at the model and compared the main parts to drawings of the Kagero Monographs for P-40. The fuselage halves, wings "sit" on drawings. There are minor differences at the wing tips, rudder top. More incorrect in shape are horizontal stabilisers and elevators. But there is nothing that can't be corrected with slight sanding.​

Last edited:
I got a Special Hobby T-2 Buckeye.....and another He 219...

But on the bright side, I'm actually building! Got a Bf 109G-10 underway, which could end up a G-10 or a G-6/AS, etc...

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back