Recent Purchases (6 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

They are rather elderly kits! But for their time not too bad. The raised rivets on the P-51 feel like 100 grit sandpaper they are that pronounced.

I purposely bought these more to practice on both for re-scribing and re-riveting. I made a hash of that on my Revell Lightning so I figured the P-51 being in 1/32 scale would make a good test mule. This was their re-release in 2015 but as far as I can tell the only thing that changed was the decals and instructions. Apparently this kit descends from the 68 kit, but was retooled in 1980 so it is somewhat newer than the 68 version. At least according to Scalemates.

The Stuka I think I am going to build as a standard Stuka not the tank buster. Be the first Luftwaffe aircraft I have ever built so I imagine some new paints are on the horizon for this one. The kit comes with both the long and short wings. But will probably have to buy some aftermarket decals for it. I have been slowly accumulating MRP paints which are lacquer based. They have a great range of colors now so will take a peek at getting the correct ones. Of course I have to figure out which specific aircraft I am going to build it as first!

Good idea for the Mustang. I part-converted mine to a RAF 'Malcolm' hood version, and then eventually used it as a painting 'hack' to test metallic finishes.
Here's a poor pic (scanned from a 35mm transparency) taken near the end of the build, before the home-moulded canopy was fitted.

2011-04-16_19.jpg

Yep, some of the Arii kits are quite nice. Got a couple of their P-47s which, for the time they were released, were very good indeed.

Thanks Evan. A poor scan of a mediocre photo, but the nose was re-profiled, along with the wing root leading edges, and the windscreen and canopy (Canopy not yet fitted here) were home -moulded, the prop improved, and scratch-built exhausts added.
It was going to be used as a possible 'posing model' for a variation of the Shell House raid painting, but that didn't come off, as the Mosquito painting was the one needed.

20170311_135632.jpg

This one came in the mail today. Took a long time to get after I bought it because the previous owner went into renal failure shortly after I purchased it. Sadly in all likelyhood he has passed. One of his kids mailed it to me. Blah...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back