Recent Purchases (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Talk about a blast from the past! I picked these two up for $!0.00. Should be fun!
IMG_0356.jpg

They are very basic kits, I am building the Wildcat now and just discovered how the wings are attached as they are foldable. Sweet Mama that was some serious PITA to get the wing halves together over that pin! And ZERO cockpit detail, or wheel well, but what they heck they are quick to build. Will post some pics in the Completed kits area when I get some paint on this!

They are! Both were open box, and one had the original receipt from 1978 in the box! Was a blast from the past for sure. Exterior (raised) detail is fine, zero cockpit detail except for an inaccurate head rest on the back wall. But they will give me some great practice in painting. Have the Wildcat almost built. Those foldable wings are cute, once I get the paint on I will post some pics in the completed models threads. Really low parts count, so they go together very quickly!

Give scratch building the cockpit in the Hellcat a shot Robert. I thought it would be overwhelming at first when I did mine in a GB but just add a couple of squares of black painted plastic card for the consoles, a few dabs of paint for dials and maybe some wire. Not accurate by any means but it does look good through all the glass

They are! Both were open box, and one had the original receipt from 1978 in the box! Was a blast from the past for sure. Exterior (raised) detail is fine, zero cockpit detail except for an inaccurate head rest on the back wall. But they will give me some great practice in painting. Have the Wildcat almost built. Those foldable wings are cute, once I get the paint on I will post some pics in the completed models threads. Really low parts count, so they go together very quickly!

Look forward to it..! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back