Recommended books for the library? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Anyone know, if these are any good?

s-l400 (1).jpg

s-l400 (2).jpg

s-l400 (3).jpg

Yes these are very good. There are many pictures, drawings and diagrams for many details. The main problem for you may be the books are in Russian.

Last edited:
Didn't Gallagher also author the "Meatballs and dead birds" book? If so then I would definitely be interested in that 5th airforce book. Do tell.

Whoops, some where I crossed threads but yes Gallagher did Meatballs and dead birds book which I have. I just ordered those two yesterday. Avenging Angels suppose to arrive tomorrow but not sure about the 5th as its not shipped yet but will let you know more Jim when it gets here. Sorry for the confusion.

Jim, book came yesterday and I have to say I like it better than Meatballs and dead birds which in itself is a great book. The paper quality is better and the pictures are sharper and very detailed. The book is hard cover. There are lots of pictures I have never seen before and a few I want to do more research on. This book shows some airplanes but also living aspects on different islands in the Pacific and an idea on how primitive some areas are. I am very happy with the book and can't wait to digger deeper into it.

Jim, book came yesterday and I have to say I like it better than Meatballs and dead birds which in itself is a great book. The paper quality is better and the pictures are sharper and very detailed. The book is hard cover. There are lots of pictures I have never seen before and a few I want to do more research on.

Yes, the paperback copy of "Meatballs" suffers a little from poor paper quality and slightly grainy photo reproduction. I have a hard cover copy of the book and in that version both of those issues are nonexistent. So if it really bothers you, try and find a first edition, hard cover in the used book market. Also the hard cover has an eye catching camouflaged cover. Money well spent if you ask me, especially seeing that you can sell the newer one and recoup the purchase cost...or keep both like I did.

Yes, the paperback copy of "Meatballs" suffers a little from poor paper quality and slightly grainy photo reproduction. I have a hard cover copy of the book and in that version both of those issues are nonexistent. So if it really bothers you, try and find a first edition, hard cover in the used book market. Also the hard cover has an eye catching camouflaged cover. Money well spent if you ask me, especially seeing that you can sell the newer one and recoup the purchase cost...or keep both like I did.

Thanks Jim, I will keep that in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back