RESCUE MISSION HAS STARTED FOR TRAPPED BOYS

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Best of luck to the rescuers and the whole operation. I've spoken before to cave divers who specialized in underwater photography. They emphasized the numerous dangers involved and there is quite a rigorous 'on-boarding' process to bring a new diver up to speed. It would take MONTHS of training in a non-emergency situation to get the typical diver ready for something like the cave in Thailand.

As deep as they are in that cave, I'm amazed that they're able to make an attempt this soon. It's the equivalent of taking 1st-time skiing students down the 'expert' slope at a ski resort.

no one was persecuted
The ones directly in charge of and their supervisors certainly should have been and the mine owners prosecuted. But the law there like here depends on how much money you have. Justice might be blind but her ears are open to the sound of money being jingled

aaa.jpg

I can't imagine how difficult this must be for all involved. Makes my time over Germany during WWII a piece of cake. Hope and pray all can be removed safely. What a wonderful gift that will be.

Yup, 8 are now out and in the hospital. They are/were the strongest of the 12. The trip out is 2.5 miles(4km) long with a pinch point only 15 inches(38cm) wide so the boys are on their own at that point. Then they have to climb up and over a high point which is out of the water, then back in the water the rest of the way.
There is some concern about disease from all the bat guano in the cave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back