Revell 1/72 Lancaster

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Migrant

Senior Airman
Aug 7, 2008
Calgary AB
Revell's Lanc, not many modifications except for my own custom nose-art, Airfix wheels to replace the inaccurate Revell items and a few additional bits in the cockpit. The lack of dihedral is really evident in the photos, in retrospect I wish I'd modified it. Next time 8)

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

Very nice indeed. Thanks for mentioning the dihedral (or lack of it!). Ian (Lanc) mentioned this, and now I can see it, but only just, in the angles in your pics. Looks like I'll have some correction work to do when I get mine!

Very nice indeed. Thanks for mentioning the dihedral (or lack of it!). Ian (Lanc) mentioned this, and now I can see it, but only just, in the angles in your pics. Looks like I'll have some correction work to do when I get mine!

Thanks for the reply. There's some dihedral on the kit, just not enough, and the wide angle lens and camera angle have flattened it out even more on my pics. I think we're only talking a couple of degrees, but still worth doing.

Thanks again for commenting guys.

Very nice my friend very nice indeed 8)

Apply a line of green paint around the base of the astra dome and its perfecto :salute:

ian.

Good call Ian, I completely missed that. Also, the more I look at that astrodome the more I think it sits too high. Bit late now :)

Thanks again for commenting guys.

Good call Ian, I completely missed that. Also, the more I look at that astrodome the more I think it sits too high. Bit late now :)

Doesn't that kit come with two different types of astra dome ?

I think you've put the late type on which went on Maritime Lanc's and Lincoln's, these where like this so you could get a good look out 360 degrees.

ian

Doesn't that kit come with two different types of astra dome ?

I think you've put the late type on which went on Maritime Lanc's and Lincoln's, these where like this so you could get a good look out 360 degrees.

ian

Possibly, I can't remember now Ian. Anyway, as I said it's a bit late now, but I appreciate the input for the next one I build. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back