Revell 1:72 Scale Focke Wulf 200-C

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bustedwing

Tech Sergeant
Dec 6, 2005
North Delta BC
Well this has been staring down at me from the shelf of doom for ages. Finally decided to take a whack at it. This is the ancient 60s kit, the one you probably built as a kid and blew up with fire crackers. I added a bunch of scratch built goodies to the cockpit so far. Mostly I have been sanding off rivets, scribeing panel lines and dealing with bad fit issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like how that cockpit looks, it does not look like it's 1/72.
Your model will you start to build from the beginning or have you started years before?

I do not know much about this Infamous German Heavy Bomber. It will be interesting to follow your progress.

Saludos

Truth be told I started it several months before. I was all gung ho building the cockpit because I like scratch building details but kind of stalled when it came to all the rivets and sanding and so on. I had a distraction in the garage, I'm building a monster engine for a friends Datsun 510 but now that it's wet and cold and miserable outside I'm back at the kit. I'll post up some more pics in a few days.

OK, Photobucket blows ! $399.99 for a year ? Yeah and that's gonna happen ! It used to be free ! I tried to delete the previous post but can't figure out how to. At any rate here's some progress pics. The engines I added plug wires and cowel struts. On the exhaust stacks I made them from styrene rod. The kit has them looking like little dinks on the back of the cowl flaps. The top turret I vacu-formed and added some goodies inside including a rather feeble attempt at an ammo belt.

Yea, as soon as I saw that I transfer all my photos and videos back to my hard drive. The pics can be done in one big copy/paste to a folder. The videos....they are a pain in the keester having to move one at a time. Then I sent them a very impolite letter, the start of the letter started with an "F" and surprisingly also ended in an "f". Did you hollow the end of a 1:72 MG barrel? I think Wojtek can help you with the errant post

Last edited:
.... I tried to delete the previous post but can't figure out how to.

Unfortunately you can't delete a post yourself. The user's privileges don't allow you that activity. All you may do is to edit a such post. Of course you can let us Mods know you need the help. No problemo.

The requested post has been deleted...

Very nice work in this scale.
Ammo belts can be made fairly convincingly in this scale using thick foil, such as the lead foil found on wine bottles. Cut a strip the desired width, and lay it on a flat surface. Then, using a coin with a 'milled' edge, roll it along the strip, pressing firmly. This should leave the indentations from the 'milled' edge, looking good enough to represent the rounds in 1/72 scale, then paint as needed.

The progress with these engines is very good, Graham, looks very promising.

On the other hand, the number of years and modeling brands from the far away Egypt is very impressive. What a good memory!
It should also be clarified that in this forum there don´t exist, nor are there any elderly people, but, we have some "ancient boys", and others of us have the "accumulated youth" ...

Saludos cordiales, amigos, colegas y contemporáneos míos.

Users who are viewing this thread