Revell Ju87 G/D

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ralph Haus

Tech Sergeant
Jul 24, 2016
Leander Texas
Off my 'shelf-o-dust' the 1/72 Revell Ju97 G/D (04692). This model has been sitting for quite some time, Just off a P51 Mustang (which, for a first attempt at bare metal, turned out great), I'm in the mood for building another Stuka.

Well, after reading some of the previous build posts, I'm not so sure if I should put it back on the shelf or plow ahead? Or just donate it to Goodwill? Mike's (Parsifal) build was interesting (a shock to loose such a talent) with his issues with fits. I have dry fitted some of the parts he was having issues with but (dry fit) I see no issues? Flash, yes. I will be spending twice, if not three times, the time de-flashing these parts, but seam fits appear to be excellent. Maybe Mike's model was warped in transport?

My question to the group. Has anyone 'discovered' any hidden traps that may have been laid by Revell? I have decided to not worry about the colors and the schemes; just building a model that is somewhat 'authentic'. It's the parts fits that I wonder about. Bustedwing indicated, in his build post, a problem with the canopy not fitting correctly. Hard to dry fit at the pieces-on-the-table stage to verify. Anyone else have experience with this model?

As always, I am appreciative of the advice and being able to view and explore the builds of others on this forum.

Very helpful. Thank You. Interesting though, the techniques, brush painting and such, have matured over the years. There weren't any 'traps' per se that I saw. The comment about 'showing' the engine was interesting, since Mike indicated it would be a PITA to do? I need to research how the engine access was hinged to see if the parts provided can be adapted to do just that, show the engine? This is what attracted me to this model, the engine!

Very helpful. Thank You. Interesting though, the techniques, brush painting and such, have matured over the years. There weren't any 'traps' per se that I saw. The comment about 'showing' the engine was interesting, since Mike indicated it would be a PITA to do? I need to research how the engine access was hinged to see if the parts provided can be adapted to do just that, show the engine? This is what attracted me to this model, the engine!
Go to the manuals part of this board. There are ju87 ones to be downloaded. Also forvthe engine i believe.

I wouldn't necessarily hang my hat on Michael's build as he seemed to have some unusual challenges with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back