Revell no.04679 1/72 scale Bf 109E-4 ... supplement

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you Evan for your offer.But I don't need any of these this time.Wings and vertical stabilizers+elevators "lie" on drawings.Removing of these lines of nails" and engraving recesed panel lines is a piece of cake.Some correction to the main wheel bays, underwing cannon bulges. radiators and flaps are really easy to carry too.
The main problem is with the fuselage because it is a little bit oversized at the rear part of it ( also slightly too long) and too short at the front area.Here the "surgery" will has to be done as two steps. The cockpit interior has to be scratch-built . I'm going to use a techinque I have promissed you to show.

Oh man, this kit looks painful. Somebody said the tail looks right but I'd say no to that one. Would be interesting to lay the fuselage half on a scale drawing to see where this thing hurts most.

Oh man, this kit looks painful. Somebody said the tail looks right but I'd say no to that one. Would be interesting to lay the fuselage half on a scale drawing to see where this thing hurts most.

Soon my friend....be patient.:p

And thanks Harry. :)

Is it just me or do kit manufacturers pick markings that you can never confirm with a photo? I know a lot of modellers don't give a monkeys and will happily rely on the kits instructions - like I did until I realised they're not always 100% accurate. Or sometimes completely fictitious... Any road, has anyone seen a photo of the LG2 109 featured in the Revell kit? Reference material on the Balkans air campaign is not exactly falling off the shelves. By the way, it's not in the Classic Colours book.

Sometimes. It'll be more common with German planes if infact thats what they do....

The allied planes are pretty darn easy to confirm

At least the canopy isn't as bad as mine :)

over 1 mm to short and the canopy wasn't clear. Managed to make it fit. But painting was real bad... Not worth to make pictures but a nice practise for my no3 kit :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back