Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jeff Hunt

1st Lieutenant
Jul 20, 2012
Guelph Ontario Canada
No not the air op rhubarb but the stuff you eat.

The first real decent pick of the season took place this morning and as a result there are currently four rhubarb custard pies in the oven as well as a good sized pot of stewed rhubarb simmering away on the stove top.

A whole lot of deliciousness is coming my way later today!

I would invite you all over for pie and ice cream but I am sure you are way too busy to help out.

Cheers,

Jeff

IMG_0009.JPG

My mouth is watering for a piece but being diabetic I must control my urges and restrict myself till dinner time when a piece will come my way.

Cheers,

Jeff

You Sir, are the most evil person on this web-site!!! You can apologize by putting a piece of that pie in the mail to me. I'll provide my own Vanilla Ice Cream.

p.s. I am Diabetic as well, but some things just cannot be turned down.

I've got a rhubarb plant in my back yard that looks like an alien,wife made rhubarb coffee crumb cake, twas good.

I've got a rhubarb plant in my back yard that looks like an alien,wife made rhubarb coffee crumb cake, twas good.

You are the second most evil person on this web-site!!!

I'm going to have to scout out the neighborhood and steal myself some Rhubarb!!!

The local supermarket sells rhubarb pies for a squid ..I mean 'a pound', not the mollusc, nor the unit of weight(s) in imperial or republic/union measures.
Since I lack the skills to make my own while certainly having no garden or even a window box (of any sort) to grow some, more than 10 floors up, I might have to go and get one a little latter to reaquaint the tastebuds to a childhood classic.

The rumours of it tasting better with strawberries sounds intrieging, mmm arrgghhhmmmm *Homer Simpson gargle-drooling sound*, a bit like my beloved taste memory of slice sliced banana on meaty seafoody pizza (7mm - 10mm banana thick slices cooked with a pizza caramelise and get softer, but the natural sugars enhance the meats of fish, beef, pork prawn...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back