Robert (Bob, or nickname Speed) Brothers

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jan 1, 2012
Ohio
Hello, all.

I have a few pictures that I believe are from Eniwetok showing my father with other un-named men.

Although he was not an aviator, he was a baker, and may have fed a few of you. I'm looking for anyone who may recognize him or the others in the photos, but am not quite sure how to post the pictures.

They are posted on Ancestry.com under the Brothers Family Tree.

I would appreciate any information that you may have.

Thank you.

Sandi Brothers Riffle

Sandi, if you will click the Go Advance button beside the Post Quick Reply button it will bring up the page enabling you to post photos. Once on this page scroll down until you see the Manage Attachments button and click that. It will bring up a window allowing you to search for and upload you photos. Hope this helps, and we look forward to the photos. I'm not sure how much help may be had but we will do our best and we appreciate your fathers service.

Hello Sandi. Not sure which versions of Windows have it but in Windows7,open start..all programs..and in the Accessories Folder is a Snipping tool. When you use it, the screen will go dull (Don't click the New button)and you draw a square around the object you want to save, then click the File tab, and "save as" to what ever folder you want to save it to and the download it here. Hope this helps.

Geo

Sandi, if you will click the Go Advance button beside the Post Quick Reply button it will bring up the page enabling you to post photos. Once on this page scroll down until you see the Manage Attachments button and click that. It will bring up a window allowing you to search for and upload you photos. Hope this helps, and we look forward to the photos. I'm not sure how much help may be had but we will do our best and we appreciate your fathers service.

Dear Mr. Wolters:

Thank you SO much for responding to my plea for help! There are many questions that I have regarding my father's service, as he would never speak of them. From what my mother tells me, he would wake-up screaming in the middle of the night, but would not share any information. On the other hand, my father-in-law was a POW in Romania, shot down in a B-24 Liberator during the Ploesti raid, and was very vocal about his experiences.
I will try to navigate with your instructions, and again, thank you.
Sandi Brothers Riffle

To All:

As far as the Brothers Tree on Ancestry, you may need to be a member (just like this site), and yes, it's legit! I've been working on my father's genealogy for over two years now. There is also a Roberts Tree on Ancestry, as my father was born out of wedlock in 1924 and that was his mother's maiden name. My main goal in this quest is to find my dad's biological father, but also to try to "get to know" him also. He died in 1983 from a massive heart attack at the age of 58 - which I am now. My father was an enigma to me growing-up, and we only became close the last two years of his life (after his first grandchild was born). I will try to get the pictures posted - having computer issues.
Thanks to all that have to replied to my post, I DO truly appreciate it.

I have been trying to down-load the pictures, but every time I do, Windows kicks me off.

Attachments

• Robert Brothers Military Scan 1.jpg
    Robert Brothers Military Scan 1.jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 125
  • Robert Brothers Military Scan 2.jpg
    Robert Brothers Military Scan 2.jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 121
  • Robert Brothers Military Scan 3.jpg
    Robert Brothers Military Scan 3.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 126
  • Robert Brothers Military Scan 4.jpg
    Robert Brothers Military Scan 4.jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 139
  • Robert Brothers Military Scan 5.jpg
    Robert Brothers Military Scan 5.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 129
The pics are showing up but they're very small and low resolution. I tried making them bigger but they get very grainy. Do you have larger ones? these are only about 75 x 100 pixels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back