Rogozarski IK-3

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

otftch

Staff Sergeant
Dec 8, 2006
Franklinton,NC
Here is a Rogozarski IK-3, early war Yugoslavian Fighter. Kit is from Aviation USK in 1/72 scale. Fairly easy build for a limited production kit.
Ed

Attachments

• DSC05758.jpg
    DSC05758.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC05759.jpg
    DSC05759.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 139
  • DSC05761.jpg
    DSC05761.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC05763.jpg
    DSC05763.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 137
  • DSC05764.jpg
    DSC05764.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC05773.jpg
    DSC05773.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC05777.jpg
    DSC05777.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 117
Looks very nice Ed. I like it. One note though. IK-3s never had white numbers on the fuselage. In this regard your kit instructions were wrong. I believe I pointed that in your other thread where we were discussing camouflage colors of IK-3 fighter. Other then that nice work.

Looks very nice Ed. I like it. One note though. IK-3s never had white numbers on the fuselage.
DUH ! I was so worried about the colors that I missed the part about the numbers. I just re-found the thread. So, No numbers on the fuselage at all ?
Ed

Oops! Sorry Wojtek, it was the Morane Saulnier I was thinking of - I always confuse the two!

Yugoslav aviation industry between the world wars was mostly leaning on France. When Rogožarski IK-3 in particular is concerned, though there was some influence from Hurricane design (which was build in Yugoslavia by license at that time), it was mostly inspired by Morane Saulnier MS.406. They even shared the same engine I believe. Our engineers achieved far better aircraft performace then the French with the same powerplant though.

Nice job for an interesting aircraft. Was not familiar with this plane....

Wooo looks awesome, Yugo Power :D, did you find the kit any good to build? (I'm trying to nab a Yugo kit and not sure which one to get :D)

Here you have an overview of all available Rogožarski IK-3 kits so far (with all their respective weaknesses). The newest and most accurate is an Azur/From Lift Here kit in 1/72nd scale. I would recommend this one as I too have one in my stash (it's on "to do" list). For 1/48th scale I'm afraid you're stuck with resin kits only.

Rogozarski IK-3 - Mythbuster team

Users who are viewing this thread

Back