Russian Fighters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wow Udet I can not believe that I am going to defend you here.....:lol:

Pips you need to learn something here, dont go around and start offending people and then question why other people offend you. Right now you are treading on a very thin line here and certain moderaters here are not as nice as I am and will end these shinanagens before you can open your damn mouth again...

PipsPriller said:
Well, well. Here's another who can only resort to insults.

For clarification it's pointless to mention the impact of two aircraft that saw such limited service. Yes they were outstanding aircraft, arguably the best piston aircraft of the war from any nation. However there were only around 670 Fw 190D-9's produced. And most saw service in the west. Of the Ta 152 only a handful served with JG301 (never more than 16 on hand at any one time) and even less with Erprobungskommando Ta152.

And with only the fiollowing victory claims it hardly made an impact against the V.V.S.

Ofw. Josef Keil, 1 P51 on the 1 march 1945??, 1 P47 on the 10 april 1945 and two Yak9s on 21 april 1945. Total victories 10.

Ofw. Walter Loos, 2 Yak9s on 24 april 1945, 1 Yak9 on 30 april 1945. Total victories 3.

Ofw. Willi Reschke, 1 Hawker Tempest on 14 april 1945, 2 Yak9s on 24april 1945. Total victories 27.

(above claims from the book "Jagdgeschwader 301/302 "Wilde Sau" In defense of the Reich with the Bf109, Fw190 and Ta152" By Willi Reschke).

Pips you seem to have some knowledge about aircraft, but you need to learn to express yourself better without offending people. There is many knowledgeable people here, we are all here to share our knowledge and experiences. You are a Junior member still, you need to spend alittle time here to learn how things work around here.

I welcome you to our site, but you need to be careful how you address people here. Treat them with respect, respect their ideas and they will respect yours. Be humble. The men you are addressing here have more information then you can imagine. Several are Vets and some are pilots, all are very knowledgeable and all deserve your respect.

If you don't agree with someone's points then just offer straight facts to back up your points. Leave out the sarcasm or attitude and things will be fine.

I hope your stay will be a long one.

Well, well. Here's another who can only resort to insults.
U really think so @sshole??? U think all 7,700 + posts I have are insults??? Do u see the moniker below my name??? Did u notice its written in red???? Did u know that a red name means I'm a Moderator??? Did u know that I take Meatballs like urself and either get them on the right page attitude-wise or kick ur @ss to the curb???

Heres the one piece of advice Ill offer up... Dont piss me off... Ur stay will be short and rather unpleasant....

I have Willi's book as well Mr Knowitall, and for "clarification", its not pointless to mention the Dora or the -152, whether or not they shot down alot of Russian aircraft or not, nor the impact that they had on the War.... Its about which aircraft were superior, and both the Dora and the -152 were far ahead of anything the VVS could put into the air.... And if u read Green Hearts, First in Combat with the Dora 9 by Axel Urbanke, u might be more informed...

Keep ur attitude at home with ur kids cause its not needed or welcome here noob... Many like urself have come here and spewed out their opinionated comments, and I have rid this message board of the shitstarters....

And for the record, I am very good at slingin insults, and if u continue to chaff my @ss, I'll personally make it my mission to rid this board of ur pathetic presence.... Get onboard or leave....

Well it seems lesofprimus that being a Moderator you like to abuse your power to throw insults at those who will dispute your 'supposedly' superior knowledge. And if they have the termerity to question you you threaten to ban them!

I'll save you the trouble. If you are typical of this board it's certainly not one that I would like to be associated with.

You see there you go, all you had to do was say, hey maybe I do have a problem and maybe I should listen to others. In the end it works out. Because of your rant there to another moderator. I will give you a warning.

Personally, I think they're both being pathetic. But Udet didn't help the situation ... just read his post everyone. There's no debating at all, it is all just "You don't have a clue" all the way through. At least, Pips has produced some modicum of 'evidence' to his case. As much as I disagree with Pips on his conclusions about the VVS vs. Luftwaffe at least he was willing to discuss it.

I think it would be more suited for Soren (who as much as I argue, have great respect for his knowledge) and Pips to debate this subject. Rather than Udet's "Germany was ****in' awesome, dude, no one could match them. Shut up it's all propaganda" .

Personally, I think both Pips and Udet are to blame for this. At least Udet said he'd ignore the posts from now on.

Well it seems lesofprimus that being a Moderator you like to abuse your power to throw insults at those who will dispute your 'supposedly' superior knowledge.
Straight up pathetic.... I wasnt insulting u meatball, I was teaching u a lesson... U obviously dont learn very well.... It wasnt a dispute over whose knowledge is superior or not, it was about ur blind arrogance to the argument at hand concerning the quality of Russian aircraft...

I told u not to screw with me, but u didnt take the advice, which is fine, cause now u have a 50% warning on ur ***.... Ur halfway there pal, so keep up the attitude and u'll be gone before post #50....

Ya know, if u had done ur homework and studied this place and looked through the older threads, ud have seen how its Moderated and how attitudes such as the one u brought here arent tolerated....

Some interesting notes:

From a Russian web site comparing WWII aircraft, here the Me-109F.

"Alas, these recommendations did not reflect the true state of affairs. From German materials and test results obtained in Britain, it turned out that the Bf 109F with a DB 60IN engine had a maximum speed of 597-600 km/h16 at an altitude of 6000 meters, rather than at the 552 km/h registered at the Air Forces Scientific Research Institute. It meant that the Messerschmitt surpassed all domestic fighters here, the series-produced MiG-3 included. But, it is quite clear why principal attention in the Soviet Union was paid to enemy fighter performance near the ground. It was just there where the main battles of the first phase of war took place and our aircraft designers were required urgently to improve the flight performance of domestic aircraft at low altitudes."

Also of interest. The military channel just had a article on Russian fighters. They said that the Lag 5 got its start with the capture of a Fw190 and its engine technology. If so, then the Lag also traces its engine to the PW radials, which BMW built under license from PW. I wouldn't be surprised if the Jappanese radials also traced back to the PW or Wright radials.

These were amazing engines.

The Sakae engine used in the Zero was basically a Pratt Whitney double Wasp engine. The Japanese were license building PWs before the war. The Sakae 21 engine even had the PW eagle logo on it!

Noted by Cowin "Corky" Meyer:
"the Sakae 21 engine announced its Pratt Whitney ancestry by conscientiously displaying the Pratt Whitney logo with an eagle on it and the English term "Quality Reliability", along with the Nakajima name in Japanese."

PipsPriller did you notice that under Les name there is the following: "Minister of Whoopass". Trust me do not try to give Les a hard time or try to get a insult in or two. You must either be stupid or not have any brains to come over here and put up a fight here about something that you do not have a clue about.

Like Les said, drop the attitude and get your act together and you would have a nice stay here, but piss him off and it will be really short. You could have just pointed out your oppinion better and it would not have gotton so messy.

Enjoy the rest of your stay.

Soren said:
I don't agree about the La-7, it is a vastly overrated fighter, and definitely not highly regarded by the LW at all. The Yak-3 was a much bigger problem according to most LW pilots. (Although the order "not to engage them at low alt" is pure bollocks and was never issued)

The Fw-190D-9 was having a turkey shoot against the La-5FN's and La-7's over the eastern front during 44-45. And contrary to popular belief, the German fighters had no problem whatsoever out-running the Soviet fighter at low alt, and did it on a daily basis.
Do you have more imformation on the Fw 190 D-9 operating on the Eastern front? Can you suggest a book?

A little off-topic here.

Does anyone know the availibilty rates of the Luftwaffe and Soviet fighters?

From what I know the Soviet fighters were of a cruder design but were better suited to weather extremes and the rough conditions of frontal airfields.

The German fighters on the other hand suffered some of the same problems that WW II German weapons in general had. They were very well designed but sometimes malfunctioned under the harsh conditions on the Eastern front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back