SA Model Expo (Adel) 2007

Great model :thumbleft: Wayne.:D
 
..and built at the request of the RAAF :wink: . Beaut looking model Wayne!
 
and now a Swordfish, this is a top kit from Tamiya...
 

Attachments

  • Swordfish_7685.JPG
    Swordfish_7685.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 117
  • Swordfish_7688.JPG
    Swordfish_7688.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 109
  • Swordfish_7690.JPG
    Swordfish_7690.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 106
Thanks Wayne! And ditto Alex!
 
damn fine swordfish, Wayne! beautiful work on the wiring, too. I need to practice in that.
 
Very nice! How do they get it to look so much like wood?
 
Very nice! How do they get it to look so much like wood?

Their are some specific painting techniques to achieve it Catch....looks a bit hard to me!:) Think I will stay away from it!..There are also decals....but not quite as good as painting!


Still on the Rigged and WW I theme...
 

Attachments

  • Albatros DII_7767.JPG
    Albatros DII_7767.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 114
  • Albatros DII_7768.JPG
    Albatros DII_7768.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 108
Very nice.

As far as wood goes I haven't tried it but from I've read basically assemble 3 or so shades of brown/wood colouring. Paint it on thinly but leave prominant brush strokes. Do that for each colour and then apply a gloss coat.

Results looked good, Im really wanting to try it, just need a WW1 bird to try it on first. :)
 
damn, that looks good!

say, how about a pioneer of flight catergory next? if you have any pioneers. I'm anxious to see the X-1 or The spirit of St. Louis. heck even the Wright Flyer =D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back