Saunders Roe A.29 Cloud. 1/72 by Valom

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Still a fair bit of work to do on the hull, I have given it a coat of grey primer as a witness coat to show where I need to fill.

I have drilled 1.25mm holes in the wing topsides to locate the engines and superglued in brass rods.

A shiny gold chocolate coin for the first person who can spot where I went wrong drilling the starboard hole

I couldn't work out were the exhausts went non of the photos I found were clear enough but I found a blurry photo that suggested that the exhaust were on the right of both engines

Last edited:
I had to scrape off one of the hull ribs because I damaged it. I replaced it with a length of Slater's styrene rod which I scraped flat on one side with a scalpel then superglued in place

Still lots of little gaps and holes to fill

I might be doing several layers of filler

Colour scheme needs thinking about. All the photos I have seen look to be all over silver. Probably natural metal finish on the hull and silver dope on the wings.

However that's a bit boring has anyone seen an alternative colour scheme. They were out of service early 1939 but I wonder if they were painted Coastal Command colours during the Munich crisis.

Or I can do a "my model my colours" what if and extend the service life into wartime service and strap some anti-submarine bombs under the wings. Maybe some ASV Yagi aerials as well.

Can't make my mind up which props to use, the resin or styrene. I think both are horrible and different rotation so might end up looking for some aftermarket jobs.

Last edited:
That's assuming you'll be inable to find something better.

Had a look and couldn't find anything in the right scale.

According to Google the Serval engine was left hand tractor which I think means I should use the resin props. Always been a bit vague on props I really should do some reading.

Users who are viewing this thread