screen capture question

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

GreyWolf

Airman
Dec 30, 2007
SpringTown, Tx.
I need some help on doing a screen capture, say for any program Im run like paintshop to do a tutorial. Im looking for a freeware to do this for me. any ideas?

Wolf

I use a freeware program called PrintKey 4.00 that besides enabling your print screen key and letting you crop and print the screen also lets you save it as a file. I've used it for documenting screen sequences and it works pretty well. It's small and just goes in your startup folder.

You should be able to find it on most of the freeware sites even though it's nothing new. (I used it with Win98 and it still works with XP). There must be a newer version out by now but I haven't looked for one.

If you can't find it let me know and I'll see about getting it to you.

Or to the IrfanView program and then save as a file.
I've uploaded the small application for GW at other thread where he asked for it.I hope it will be useful for him.

Wurger and Marcel are right. I just "Print Screen" capture then open Infraview and paste. Crop and do whatever and save as a file - jpg, gif, etc.

WOW thanks guys great turn out ,gee I almost forgot I posted here. I will look in to all of it......<alt> + print screen,never heard of that one.

Salute Wolf

Greywolf - some pics to help.

1) The Print Screen button should be up here. Just whenever you have what you want to copy, press the button.

2) I open the "Paint" program that comes with most PCs (in Accessories) and select a new blank page and then "Paste". I get this. Then I save as a jpg and name it.

3) Then I open "Infraview" program (its free off the web), open the newly named jpg - crop, resize, whatever. I can get this.

It only takes a few seconds and is alot cheaper. If you want to go Picasso you can get those programs that the others suggested. I love doing this while playing a flight sim and use as wallpaper or other.

Attachments

• ZT-Keyboard-Black.jpg
    ZT-Keyboard-Black.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 65
  • warbird foum.JPG
    warbird foum.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 65
  • warbird foum01.jpg
    warbird foum01.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 68

Users who are viewing this thread

Back