Searching for 1/72 decals

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

dirkpitt289

Master Sergeant
Jul 16, 2009
South Plainfield New Jersey
I've already been searching the web with less then favorable results so maybe someone here can help and save me some time and CPU cycles. Dose anyone know if someone makes the P-39 "Air A Cutie" or "Pantie Bandit" decals in 1/72 scale?

airacutie1a.jpg

airacutie2a.jpg

Thanks in advance

Didn't want to start a new thread just because of one question that I have, so I decided to snatch this one instead since I'm searching for some 1/72 decals too. Hope you don't mind Dirk.

Basically, I'm trying to find aftermarket decals in 1/72 scale of Slovakian insignia in WW2 (blue Balkenkreuze with red circle). So far I've been unsuccessfull in finding these on the internet. In fact I found some decals on one site but only in 1/32 and they were sold out anyway. I would like to make my recently purchased Academy 1/72 Bf 109E as a aircraft of Slovak Air Arms but I'm lacking appropriate decals to do so.

Last edited:
I have a very old set of Super Scale decals for "Pantie Bandit".

Hey did anyone notice at the end of the "Thin Red Line" the airacobra's behind George Clooney while he is introducing himself to troops? I sware that "Pantie Bandit" is one of them. At the very least the have the mouths painted on. No doubt they were props made for the movie, but I like when they take the time to do stuff like that. Like the Si 204D in "Enemies at the Gate".

Capt. Vick

Didn't want to start a new thread just because of one question that I have, so I decided to snatch this one instead since I'm searching some 1/72 decals too. Hope you don't mind Dirk.

Basically, I'm trying to find aftermarket decals in 1/72 scale of Slovakian insignia in WW2 (blue Balkenkreuze with red circle). So far I've been unsuccessfull in finding these on the internet. In fact I found some decals on one site but only in 1/32 and they were sold out anyway. I would like to make my recently purchased Academy 1/72 Bf 109E as a aircraft of Slovak Air Arms but I'm lacking appropriate decals to do so.

Just to be sure, I'm posting in the attachment the markings in question... Any advice where I could find these kind of decals for 1/72 Messerschmitt Bf 109E?

Attachments

• Copy of svz_znak - 01.jpg
    Copy of svz_znak - 01.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 182
I've got a set in 1/32nd scale believe it or not! I just might have some in 1/72nd, but I suspect they're either Hungarian or maybe Croatian. Let me see what I turn up in the decals folders Igor.

Thanks for your responses Dwight and Terry. I'll wait to see if Terry's search turn up something or eventually order those decals from the link posted. That's exactly the thing I was looking for. Not sure why my Google search didn't show that site as a result... I might have tipped something else though - "Slovak messerschmitt decals" or something like that... I did find one site but the decals I need were sold out.

Might well be so Wojtek, but Avias had crosses on the wings and tail while Slovakian Emils had crosses in standard positions (on the wings and fuselage) so I doubt that crosses from the kit you mentioned would be of appropriate size for Bf 109E.

I see. But it doesn't matter where.The most important is their size.

Sorry Igor. I've got the 1/32nd scale set (old Matchbox 109E kit), but the others were Hungarian - white cross on a black square. I doubt I could make any either, as they'd have to be printed on white decal sheet, and I don't think the red would register well. If you're stuck, I'll have a go, but can't promise anything.

Thanks for the effort Terry. I'll try to order the decals from the site for which Dwight posted the link and see how it goes. I'm still not confident enough to try to build detailed 1/32 kit though, but why don't you use the decals you have and build one nice Slovakian Bf 109E (that is if you could squeeze another build in your schedule of builds). If you ever decide to build one you can count on my help with camouflage schemes etc. Slovak Air Arms used no less then 20 Bf 109Es and each was painted differently with standard German camouflage changed mostly on fuselage by repainting tactical markings, but few aircraft had also interesting non standard camouflage on their wings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back