Secret Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Dark Matter

Banned
Jun 23, 2009
Does any one know when were going to have aircraft that Hover and fly without jet, rocket or piston engines:?:

And is it possible to go the speed of light:?:

Last edited:
Like some sort of ray?
Or a matter moving material?
Or an energy cnonverter of some sort?

I dont know, its the Future!:confused:

If you want to visit ATS (abovetopsecret.com) some of the more fanciful members there already think the B-2 flies using anti grav technology. Though why you would want that in a plane that is just a big wing is not made clear.

I have heard of ideas of powering some sort of airborne machine that would us a beam projected from the ground for power like microwaves. This type of power typically has a low energy density so such a vehicle would be rather light, probably unmanned.

According to Einstein's theories, as speed approaches the speed of light, relative mass increases toward infinity(simplistically). So to make it to the speed of light, infinite energy would be required. Therefore, the speed of light cannot be obtained, thus not exceeded. I think!

I think the idea of 'ray' propulsion is still really sci-fi at the moment. The nearest thing I can think of is maglev technology, but that is effective over altitudes of a few feet, not thousands. Any propulsive system is governed by the old chestnut "For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction". So, an engine has to emit something in order to provide thrust.

It is theoretically possible to use something like a rail gun to launch a craft, but range and maneverability would be dictated by maximum velocity at launch, which is itself limited by materials technology and human physiology. So it is of little practical value for military and/or civil aviation applications.

As for aircraft without wings, it simply ain't gonna work within Earth's atmosphere. At present, you still need an airfoil to generate lift. I don't see how that requirement can be dropped without fundamentally changing or even scrapping flight as we know it...

Does any one know when were going to have aircraft that Hover and fly without jet, rocket or piston engines:?:

And is it possible to go the speed of light:?:
There's a concept called ion engines but I don't know where they are with them. Last time I looked, they could move very (very) small masses with extremely modest levels of thrust. You may be more familiar with the concept from the ion engines in Star Wars, the Empire used them in their TIE (Twin Ion Engine) Fighters; suffice it to say we're nowhere near that level of performance yet. Life imitating Art.

Well currently, no. As you increase the energy required to exceed 1.0c, you increase your mass in direct proportion, requiring a further increase in energy to overcome your new mass and thus increasing your mass again. You might look to the Star Trek universe for the possible answer to this one but I'm afraid I'm a bit sketchy on warp field theory :)

Can't rule it out though, they said we'd never dogfight at 600mph then Korea happened...

Why do they say that if you go past the speed of light, time goes backwards:?:
Regarding your question wrt linear time (time the way we traditionally view it)
imagine a large'ish clock 100 metres away from you, you can see the second hand moving clearly from one second to the next. The time it takes the passage of time from one second to the next is relayed to you at the speed of light ie what you can visibly see.

There is, over 100m, a nano-fractional delay incurred from the time the clock strikes the next second, until the visual information of that second being struck reaches your eye but that's negligible here.

Now imagine that visual information being transmitted to your eye from the clock at speeds greater than light, let's say 2.0c. The nano-fractional delay is easily overcome by this and you will receive the visual information at your eye at some time before that second is physically reached by the clock's second hand.

Clearly (I hope) there is a causality issue here and if superluminal travel (or in the case of my example, information transfer) were possible, there'd be some very strange issues to deal with.

Last edited:
Theories abound, but no practical applications of those theories have materialized that we know about. Besides, if it was a secret project, then how would we know about it. And if we did, we obviously couldn't talk about it...

i thought this was veru interesting:

Radio waves traveling faster than the speed of light:

For the past 60+ years, we lived in a world that incorrectly interpreted a statement from Albert Einstein, who allegedly claimed that nothing can move faster than the speed of light. Just like Moore's Law, people tend to "bend" its meaning until it has no meaning at all.

Radio waves accelerated past the speed of light represent a new benchmark in speed.Scientist John Singleton created an interesting device that accelerates the radio waves until they pass the speed of light. Yes, you've read that correctly - by using a process that is similar to the way Pulsar stars emit light - John jerked radio waves until they caved in and passed their theoretical speed barrier.

With radio waves traveling faster than the speed of light, near real-time communication as seen in Star Trek is possible [traveling in Star Trek style is another thing], but more importantly, this has serious implications in the world of telecommunications and the design of computer chips.

For ages now, semiconductor industry thought that once that conventional ways of communication are used, a move to optical interconnects will be mandatory. Back in 2006, Intel demonstrated its own SOI [Silicon-On-Insulator] wafers that used the optical laser interconnect. As you might know, the latency inside computer chips increased due to the fact that electrons lost the ability to travel at the speed of light, hence the SRAM latencies of 1-4 cycles, up from the latency of 0 in Pentium 4 and original Athlon processors. If accelerated radio waves could be used, semiconductor industry just might enter a whole new era of speed.

Singleton stated that usages for his device are enormous: "Because nobody's really thought about things that travel faster than light before, this is a wide-open technological field". This discovery could revolutionize medical, communication, semiconductor, space exploration fields.

Who knows, last day of June 2009 might be hailed in scientific books in decades to come. From attacking cancer to complete change in way how astronomers search the universe above - accelerated radio waves just might be the silver bullet we needed.

Somehow, there is no doubt who just positioned himself as the prime candidate for Nobel's prize for Physics.

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/new...s-a-revolution-in-semiconductor-industry.aspx

I remember seeing something about using electromagnetism for propulsion.

I do not believe if you go faster then the speed of light you go backwards in time but forward. IIRC ignoring the issue with mass if you had a spaceship that went the speed of light, what would seem like minutes or hours on the ship would be eons on earth (not sure of the exact time but something like that)

Good find, Comiso and quite interesting. I think because the computers of today get more and more powerful, they can run calculations and formulas that were once impossible, or would take a very long time. Plus with the simulations and modeling that can be achieved because of the processing power, I think we are on the age of some big discoveries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back