Shame

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

There are Chris...your mates tale of trying to help says it all !

The Police reckon they have pictures of the main louts and that they will be tracked down.
Interestingly I see that communities are fighting back by challenging the rioters.
Good for them.

There is one idiot that was trying to 'arrange a riot' in Plymouth on facebook...he left his personal details and wondered why the Police taxi arrived to take him away.

I despair.

John

Last edited by a moderator:
There was an apologist on the radio yesterday claiming that the guy who was shot should get the same treatment as a soldier killed in Afghanistan......some people make me puke, everyone has a right to protest but a protest for the right to point a gun at the police shows something is way wrong.

A 35 yr old primary school teacher has been charged with looting, time was when teachers were respected.

John,

Sorry I was trying to respond to your post with a quote and I accidently hit the edit button instead. I have returned your post to the original, but it says it was edited by me. Sorry for the mistake.

What I was trying to say when I made the mistake was....;)

Readie said:
There is one idiot that was trying to 'arrange a riot' in Plymouth on facebook...he left his personal details and wondered why the Police taxi arrived to take him away.

He will probably pass on his stupidity through his genes to a dozen children as well. God help us...

John,

Sorry I was trying to respond to your post with a quote and I accidently hit the edit button instead. I have returned your post to the original, but it says it was edited by me. Sorry for the mistake.

What I was trying to say when I made the mistake was....;)

He will probably pass on his stupidity through his genes to a dozen children as well. God help us...

No worries Chris.

It beggars belief...just as you think you have pretty much seen /heard it all, up pops another clown.

Luckily the 'riot' hasn't happened. People here are still really pissed off with the desecration of the Hoe war memorial by thieving scum after the brass.

I rather suspect that any 'rioters' may get some rough justice from the boys in green in the Citadel while the Police look the other way....

John

Last edited:
I feel for you in England, sadly the world has grown incredibly passive to this sort of behavior, unrightly so turning the other cheek as it is not their own problem............ (they think) Man the world really has gotten to be a stupid place.

water cannon on crowds is not the answer

I feel for you in England, sadly the world has grown incredibly passive to this sort of behavior, unrightly so turning the other cheek as it is not their own problem............ (they think) Man the world really has gotten to be a stupid place.

water cannon on crowds is not the answer

Thanks Eric, wise words.
We live in difficult times and having listened to the Bank of England statement today, its not going to get easier anytime soon...
Cheers
John

NO FEAR John !

we Americans are getting similar doom and gloom reports while both parties give each other the finger with the blame game, which of course we don't give a rats behind about, just get us moving in the right direction and encourage us instead of telling us we are all going to die in a hand-basket.

be strong

NO FEAR John !

we Americans are getting similar doom and gloom reports while both parties give each other the finger with the blame game, which of course we don't give a rats behind about, just get us moving in the right direction and encourage us instead of telling us we are all going to die in a hand-basket.

be strong

Ah yes the Tea Party in the USA. We have the bloody Conservatives.
They still don't understand that our fortunes are not longer in our control.
The bankers have has us all one way or another and the average Brit is left with a pretty sore arse after seeing pensions, endowments and shares go down the swanee.

One day it'll all get better....one day.

I watched the brinkmanship with Obama over the debt default issue. I shook my head in disbelief that a country I admire could be so infantile when the solution was there to be had. The figures....Trillions of dollars..are so big its difficult to really grasp.

The USA and UK will always be friends, nothing will ever change that. It has always been 'them' and 'us'
I just hope that 'we' survive the economic double dips.

Cheers
John

tea party has nothing to do with it, in fact they are opening eyes of both parties and both parties are scared to death of them..........quite comical really and very very silly. simply put in my opinion the US is a sick puppy and needs to get off it's Ass NOW, screw the government and all it's associations and make a difference and get back to work and support the local economy.

tea party has nothing to do with it, in fact they are opening eyes of both parties and both parties are scared to death of them..........quite comical really and very very silly. simply put in my opinion the US is a sick puppy and needs to get off it's Ass NOW, screw the government and all it's associations and make a difference and get back to work and support the local economy.

Like my Grandad said..'work harder and complain less..the only person who will help you is YOU'

The world awaits the American regeneration. If you can't do it what hope is there for the rest of us?

John

I had a dollar everytime I said "What a dumb@$$" to a fan at a Jets game i'd be rich...

Whether its starting fights, running on the field, throwing beer bottles they've done it all....we all have them! Just ask Philadelphia and their sports fans....:rolleyes: :lol:

It was quiet last night because it was raining.

Anarchy for the UK! as long as it is warm and sunny

Of course, only a madman would riot in the rain :rolleyes:
I expect the Sex Pistols will be in the top 10 soon as well.
Looks like its all over bar the shouting now...

Till the next time

Cheers
John

If you ask me guys thier is just too much grey area today.Meaning not enough right and wrong is taught wether through religion or common sense with good will toward your fellow man.I seem to remember growing up that it didn't have to be your parents to remind you if you were bad it could be that neighbor maybe the community had a higher standard then.:dontknow: No simple answer.The thing I have been hearing more and more stateside here over the summer is FlashMobs??Same thing as England just on a compact scale,people bored and looking for something for nothing.

If you ask me guys thier is just too much grey area today.Meaning not enough right and wrong is taught wether through religion or common sense with good will toward your fellow man.I seem to remember growing up that it didn't have to be your parents to remind you if you were bad it could be that neighbor maybe the community had a higher standard then.:dontknow: No simple answer.The thing I have been hearing more and more stateside here over the summer is FlashMobs??Same thing as England just on a compact scale,people bored and looking for something for nothing.

Yes, and a total and utter lack of respect for everyone everything.

As a Englishman, a Briton and of those who largely grew up as kid before/during the end of the Coldwar, I am flabbergasted and incensed at the events in the UK, who in there right mind in todays CCTV culture, would think you can walk into any town/city center and get away with pure vandalism, murder, voilence, dis-respect and disregard for others.

Without futuresight aftewards as a country neglected to discipline from mid 90's, beit at school, at home or via the authorities. Ideally no parent wishes to punish or lay rules for their offspring, but we gave too much away and this is one of hundreds of plausable reasons or parts of the jigsaw. You'd think they'd learn or be taught not to crap on their own doorstep. Respect can breed respect, just as percieved dis-respect breeds itself.

Where the evidence and conduct/actions of varous perpatraitors requires it, they should be locked up, made exemple irrespective of age, sex, creed, religion and all else, what to do with the more unstable/un-moral crime familes/homes/peoples - I'd imagine quite a few elements of the crime fraturnaty were just as pissed off outraged with these events spoiling their activities and causing them difficulties - I'd imagine some of the info about persons involved is being passed on by them too.
But I feel taking housing away from any could just worsen the situation, unless and only, we move them all live on a prison boat, that could sink at sea in a storm. We as a country have much to discuss, weve burried all our respective communties and personal heads in the sand til' now, lets not burry them again, or this could be the tip of an iceberg to the future problem as yet unseen.

The only positives from these dis-gusting events are;

1, with the younger person feeling the pressures of family finances, problems, stresses of cuts, world economic news, the politicians expences scandles, media companies blaming only NoW/Murdoc for private/civil rights infringements (to hide their own particapations in hackings media circus bull sh1t), the lack of a logical and respectalbe immagration policy (like Austrailia or New Zealand), the inspiration of the middle eastern social network led r-evolution of better rights and their own opinions of the constant SAT's exams for jobs that don't exist, let alone gangs or nafareous pressures; It may have been better that things kicked off now than say in a years time or more when a wider proportion of UK population could've been drawn into the riotings for much wider reasonings.

2, the groups of kids, gangs, whatever were very multicultural and resulting the common persons anger and community backlash against the thugs/looters are more multicultural and of a more 'common ground' than before - we shouldn't or let the politicians waste this moment to candidly talk and address problems - sometimes i feel/fear political correctness has gone too far at times, making it all but unscceptable to discuss poinagnt problems and causality in a meaningful way.

3, Bring back the cane at school - the threat of it alone could help (or lead to greater weaponisation of the dissaffected/UK-black/underground-market), or public 'stocks' (the modern equivalent name and shame publically viewable TV's showing the 'wanted'), more so than just Crime Botch UK etc.

4, We should vote more, not just individualy, but be given more things to vote or politically discuss about things - so we feel like our votes might actually achieve something than just antipathy as it currently is - the Swiss vote about many many things, like national infrastructurla projects, legal, civic and national laws, issues and requirements; what do we vote for in this country, which political party will have power, and the occasional referendum if we are lucky - no wonder no one really cares about voting anymore, weve been paying taxes for so long (the longest in european history IIRC - 700+years), we forgot what our supposed version of demcracy is and requires to be effective.

We can no longer bury our heads, we are all to blame in some way, because it was easier to let things bumble along - we should as a nation irrespective of culture creed or religion ask tough questions, be unafraid of asking them or discussing them like adults. The UK malaise must be broken, forget 1966 world cup, ( forget the empire we had - its long gone), - we'll never win a world cup or settle problems if we always only look to the past.

I do not condone EDL or BNP (British Nazi/National Party) or any social, religous or whatever idiological extremists, fundamentalists, nutters etc. I maybe piss some people of with that, but I hope this will not play into any one of their hands as much as I fear after whats happened.

Last edited:
The UK malaise must be broken, forget 1966 world cup, ( forget the empire we had - its long gone), - we'll never win a world cup or settle problems if we always only look to the past.

Very true, but I think we need to understand our past and why we are in this situation before we can move forward.
That is not an excuse for more malaise by the way, I support any energetic and truthful examination of the last 6 decades, what went wrong, why and most importantly how we can improve.
Fingers crossed
John

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back