Shame

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Readie

Chief Master Sergeant
Apr 15, 2011
Plymouth, England
I am ashamed of my countrymen, what an advert we are prior to hosting the 2012 Olympic games...
Riots,looting and the Police powerless to intervene, the army is abroad so we have no one to quell the scum.
Great
John

We all have 'em John, nothing to be ashamed about. We all know the vast majority of the population of any country is made up of good, decent people who are appalled at such actions. It's the idiots who get the attention and they know it. It's only more idiots who would label the entire population based on the actions of a few trouble makers.

We had the same in Canada in June with Vancouver losing the Stanley Cup in the hockey finals of all things. A few jerks with prior intent started riots in the center of the town similar to what happened in London. The real citizens came out the next day and helped clean up the mess.

Nothing to be shamed about, every nation has their fair share of scum. I know the US has quite a bit.

BTW, are any of our British friends living in the London area? I hope that their all right and out of the way of the rioting.

Thanks guys, it hits home when you have family in the areas of rioting.
I just feel that the scum need a lesson in respect, but its not that easy these days....
We had the war memorial on Plymouth Hoe desecrated as the scum wanted the brass to melt down....that REALLY upset people here.
Burn and looting is one thing but, stealing our war plagues is going too far even for the so called laid back Brits.

John

You got that right, Chris. I remember that well. Every country has its share of buttheads. I did read a story about some Brits going out with brooms to clean up and show solidarity against the rioters. Those are the Britons I remember and will always associate with Britain.

You got that right, Chris. I remember that well. Every country has its share of buttheads. I did read a story about some Brits going out with brooms to clean up and show solidarity against the rioters. Those are the Britons I remember and will always associate with Britain.

Not exactly a Kodak moment for the U.S.

It´s nothing about England Readie.
When stupid people get the chance to be anonymous they use this chance out.
That´s the same all around the world.
The police should be hard in such a cases.
The problem is that when such a mess is over, some politicans start to criticize the police for hard intervention. It happened here few years ago when police scatered unofficial so called 'Techno party'...

It´s nothing about England Readie.
When stupid people get the chance to be anonymous they use this chance out.
That´s the same all around the world.
The police should be hard in such a cases.
The problem is that when such a mess is over, some politicans start to criticize the police for hard intervention. It happened here few years ago when police scatered unofficial so called 'Techno party'...

Night 4 of rioting and Boris Johnson jumps on the bandwagon about Police cuts....
Thanks for your post, its the same the world over it seems.
What is the matter with these people?
John

its just easier than working for a living Readie, i have 3 brothers 2 of which are career criminals and they had no different upbringing than me its too east to blame the goverment, the credit drunch etc but most of these idiots do not want to find jobs and improve their lot it would mean putting a bit of effort in !
build more prisons and dont let 'em out i say

its just easier than working for a living Readie, i have 3 brothers 2 of which are career criminals and they had no different upbringing than me its too east to blame the goverment, the credit drunch etc but most of these idiots do not want to find jobs and improve their lot it would mean putting a bit of effort in !
build more prisons and dont let 'em out i say

Yes, blame everyone and go robbing.
Its time to turn off the worlds cameras for 24 hours and then we can sort these 'rioters' out once and for all.
John

After the News of the World debacle the media should hand all the pictures taken of these louts over to the police and also publish all the picture under the headline 'Do You Know These Scum.'

and wasn't LA hosting the Olympics in a few years then too?

No, the riots were several years after the Olympics. I was in the midst of it when it broke out. I was working in an office building at Western and Wilshire when I looked out the window and watch a group of thugs grab a woman out of her car and beat her senseless. Thankfully, my car was in a locked parking structure. I got down to my car, hit the road and didn't stop, not even for traffic lights.

Contrast that to a week and change later. I had to go near that same area. This time, there were police and national guard troops everywhere. But all up Western Ave from Wilshire to Griffith Park was almost completely burned out.

Hang in there Readie. The authorities will get things under control and arrest some of the thugs. Bringing in the water cannon and plastic bullets will certainly help.

Don't be too hard on your countrymen about this. There are scum everywhere in every country.

We certainly have fair shair of them in the US. Look at what happened in LA and New Orleans. Hell a buddy of mine flew MEDVAC helicopters down there after Katrina and said his bird was getting shot at by the people he was trying to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back