Shane Warne dies ...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The batsman do run. They run between the wickets.

Batsman can be out.

The bowler can bowl as long as it legal so can bowl as long as it below the waist of the batsman and is straight arm. So the ball doesn't have to bounce.

The ball has stitched centre so is not a regular ball and is shiny. So having a shiny side and a dull side effects how the ball moves. If you ask specific question I will answer them for you

As advised, I cannot stop USA or France or any other side playing cricket.

This is of, course, truly awful and I wish it wasn't so.

So unless I can find a genie who will grant me 3 wishes, there is nothing I can do.

The more teams means more interest which means more money.

The batsman do run. They run between the wickets.

Batsman can be out.

The bowler can bowl as long as it legal so can bowl as long as it below the waist of the batsman and is straight arm. So the ball doesn't have to bounce.

The ball has stitched centre so is not a regular ball and is shiny. So having a shiny side and a dull side effects how the ball moves. If you ask specific question I will answer them for you
What?

Another thing difficult, I'm an expat, to understand..................
How can a player of Any game with a stick, sorta, and ball, sorta, have 2 tons, 200 "runs", without Running anywhere.....
in a single "at bat" and not be Out??????

BTW. How can a bowler, pitcher, get a "ball" to fall so fast the Batter sweeps Over the ball where it hits the ground, now there's another question, and this ball makes a sharp left turn and hits the Third upright "stick"? Oh, then the batter is out BTW!

Please explain!
I think you are referring to spin bowling. The best spin bowlers appear to bowl the same way with every ball they bowl. However the way they release the ball, and the speed and flight of the ball are different. You often see a batsman hit a spin bowler out of the ground for six several times then miss hit the ball the bowler bowls especially so that he miss hits it to a fielder.

What's that? We talking insects now?
Cricket is a game. Not a sport.

A pastime if you will.

It's not about winning or losing but enjoying the moment.

Odd that you need 5 days of good weather to complete it which in England is not very common. So odd an English game is weather dependent.

Today, the main focus of Cricket is now in India as they have the fans and the money. So one could argue Cricket is now an Indian game rather than English. I am not critical of our former colony, all power to them.

But as night falls, it's dawn somewhere else and the majesty of Cricket has fallen to the ravages of time and money. So limited overs and even more bizarreness are now the order of the day. A sad reflection on our times. The only hope is possible thermo nuclear war which will destroy all humanity and end this dishonour.

Expecting a result entirely misses the point of the sport. It has less to do with the teams on the pitch and more about getting a few days off work to (hopefully) sit in the sun and drink beers (other beverages available).
Us troglodytes across the pond have a name for people that want to play games without keeping score, declaring a winner and/or hurting someone's feelings….but in the name of world peace, I will keep my uncouth, disloyal to the queen, onerous, and generally rebellious mouth shut..😉 🇺🇸 🇬🇧 🇦🇺 🦗 🦗 🦗

Us troglodytes across the pond have a name for people that want to play games without keeping score, declaring a winner and/or hurting someone's feelings….but in the name of world peace, I will keep my uncouth, disloyal to the queen, onerous, and generally rebellious mouth shut..😉 🇺🇸 🇬🇧 🇦🇺 🦗 🦗 🦗
You miss understand cricket, it is all about keeping score, and statistics because every village has a few "bods" who love that sort of thing, it is also about showing off to girls, because every village has young men who love that sort of thing. It is also about courage and skill and persistence and keeping cool under pressure but also about ridiculous strokes of luck which happen in every game. A winner is declared if there is a winner, but to win you must be much better than the opposition so there is no doubt. In the end everyone in a village playing another village has a good time, meet people, have a laugh and a joke and a flirt, a social event built around a game. Those who get hurt about the outcome of a game should look up the meaning of a game in a dictionary, it isnt war by other means as some clowns think about football (soccer), its a game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back