Shane Warne dies ...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

What really confuses Americans is why anybody wants to play it.

Like the Americans who played cricket before baseball was invented?

Or the Americans (from the USA) who played Americans (from Canada) in the first ever international sporting match, a cricket game held in Manhattan.

The USA lost, probably why they gave up playing.

Like the Americans who played cricket before baseball was invented?

Or the Americans (from the USA) who played Americans (from Canada) in the first ever international sporting match, a cricket game held in Manhattan.

The USA lost, probably why they gave up playing.
Cricket, baseball and rounders are all versions of the same game, as all the various forms of football and rugby were.

It was quite a shock to hear that Warnie had passed, and so soon after the news that Rod Marsh had gone too.

Both legends of Australian cricket.

Both gone too soon.

I was like no way bro

He was young if 52 is young.

But he was legend and no mistake.

Probably get a state funeral in Kangaroo Island.

The Americans have no concept of crickets and thank God.

Can you imagines the Yankee Doodle playing crickets. Running around in btightly coloured pjs and having it like baseball with very limited overs.

Sacrilege.
We'd bring cheerleaders.

Cricket is only played by nations loyal to the crown.

So America can jog on.

That's the problem with Americans; no attention spa….oooh, squirrel.

Unfortunately, he's right you know?

Plus they get bored with anything that does not have constant scoring and allows them to chant "USA USA USA!"

I say "they" because I am refined. I'm a German-American, and not one of those whose only tie to the old world was their Great Great Great Great Grandparents who came over on a boat. :D

Last edited:
I know in most places like Hong Kong and Germany, the cricket teams are made up from the Indian sub continent and not from native players.

Apart from the Dutch but that's a Dutch thing.

Is there any where I can write to to get cricket banned in France? Must be some mechanism of even sanctions to stop this? It just isn't right.

I know in most places like Hong Kong and Germany, the cricket teams are made up from the Indian sub continent and not from native players.

Apart from the Dutch but that's a Dutch thing.

Is there any where I can write to to get cricket banned in France? Must be some mechanism of even sanctions to stop this? It just isn't right.
Just go there and perform a rain dance, that will end the caper.

Cricket is only played by nations loyal to the crown.

So America can jog on.

The Netherlands have an international cricket team.

Ireland is a test playing nation (one of 11) and they aren't loyal to the crown.

Afghanistan, Nepal, Namibia, USA, UAE are some of the teams trying to qualify for the next cricket World Cup.

Also, not sure how "loyal to the crown" the biggest country in world cricket, India, is.

India is part of the commonwealth. So that's ok.

Why Netherlands plays cricket I don't know but I will allow it.

Sadly, I cannot stop the world.

India is part of the commonwealth. So that's ok.

Why Netherlands plays cricket I don't know but I will allow it.

Sadly, I cannot stop the world.

There are 12 full members and 94 associate members of the International Cricket Council.

Of the 12 full members, Afghanistan and Ireland are not members of the Commonwealth. These are the "test playing nations".

Originally, only Commonwealth nations could join.

But now there are countries such as France, Germany, Italy, Belgium, Estonia, Czech Republic, Greece, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Mexico and, of course, the United States.

The USA is one of 8 associate members countries that has international status for one-day matches (50 overs per side), while all members now have T20 International status (20 overs per side).

Recently, USA hosted Ireland for 2 T20Is, each team winning one. 3 ODIs were scheduled, but they were cancelled.

Another thing difficult, I'm an expat, to understand..................
How can a player of Any game with a stick, sorta, and ball, sorta, have 2 tons, 200 "runs", without Running anywhere.....
in a single "at bat" and not be Out??????

BTW. How can a bowler, pitcher, get a "ball" to fall so fast the Batter sweeps Over the ball where it hits the ground, now there's another question, and this ball makes a sharp left turn and hits the Third upright "stick"? Oh, then the batter is out BTW!

Please explain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back