Sherman Firefly Mk. Ic 'Hybrid Hull'

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice details old boy. Bit surprised Dragon supply PE for the small parts, but the engine cover grille is moulded.

Quite right old boy, a few surprises.... :lol:

Anyhoo, done some more.....

DSCF0001-149.jpg

DSCF0005-100.jpg

DSCF0006-82.jpg

DSCF0010-54.jpg

DSCF0011-59.jpg

DSCF0012-52.jpg

DSCF0013-51.jpg

Have to say, that Firefly book really comes in handy.....used it a few times!

Wow... makes me want to do 1/35th armour. Well almost. Very well done. I just can't break out of the 1/72nd mindset. No offense meant Lucky. :toothy5:

Hey, no worries Bro.....and cheers!
Had do a bit of carving on the turret, to even out the edge between top and bottom. Was going to smooth it down a bit, but realised that it looks like the rest of the turrets surface.... So, I'll just leave it.

The tracks will be fun, not! :lol:

If I'm not mistaken Jan, your actually having fun...................like the armour texture and weld lines on this kit.

Cheers Michael.... It does look a bit rough on the kit I have to admit... :lol:

I do Vic, something different from an aircraft, hopefully it'll spread over to the '109's, so that I can finish them and do some more on the '88-C-6... :oops: :lol:

Nice work old chap. And incidentally, I think the rough appearance of the hull is supposed to be a layer of concrete/cement, often applied to Shermans as an extra layer for two reasons; A) in an attempt to detonate hollow -charge projectiles, such as the Panzerfaust, before they reached the actual hull, dissipating their effectiveness on the concrete, which wasn't very effective anyway(!), and B) to repel 'sticky' bombs or magnetic charges, in a similar fashion to the German 'Zimmerit'.
Therefore, Dragon have got it right - if you want to model a Sherman covered in grey cement !!

Aaah....didn't know that old chap, much obliged for the info!

Well, one do wish that when they supply photo etch, that they'd put in a wee tool to get the right shape...

See if we can save this one....if so, blame the shape on battle damage etc., etc....

DSCF0007-71.jpg

DSCF0019-28.jpg

DSCF0020-20.jpg

DSCF0027-10.jpg

Those parts are stupidly small ! You could try bending around a paint brush shank, or similar conveniently sized dowel, pen, etc. That's if you can hold it and bend it at the same time as keeping it around the brush shank or whatever!

Those parts are stupidly small ! You could try bending around a paint brush shank, or similar conveniently sized dowel, pen, etc. That's if you can hold it and bend it at the same time as keeping it around the brush shank or whatever!

That's just what I did, or tried to do.... As you said, the things are stupidly small..
*Beeeeennnnd.....ok.....beeeeennnnnd....good....legs......beeeeennnnd.....phew!.....next one.....beeeeennnnnd.......next......beeeeennnnd.....pheeew!.......last.......beeeeeennnnnnd.......back to first........beeeennnnnd......whoops, too much......beeeennnnd......snap! D*mmit.......next........beeeeeennnnd.....snap! For f*ck sake!.....

As you see, ended up with for of the legs snapping off! :( :evil: :lol:

Jan it's just alot of practice bud.My foray into other mediums of building has helped immensely for myself in PE it will come for you eventually.Cheers

And if they are, as I presume, lamp guards, then they very often got bent and bashed - so they'll look more authentic now old boy!
Hmm, methinks that deserves a pint or two .......

Better believe it old boy! Surprised that I didn't swore more than I did, must be....eerrrmm...

True Javlin, hope so......when it was at its worst, I just left and did something else...back later on. :lol:

Ah! It's the antenna guard! Well, that's what it was there for, to save the antenna itself from getting wiped off !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back