Sherman Firefly Mk. Ic 'Hybrid Hull'

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You can always dismiss the damage as the fault of a clumsy crew :lol: I would imagine smaller parts like that got fairly battered in the field anyway...

Yeah, bullet proof doesn't make the solider proof! Impossible to make a piece of equipment that the dumbest guy in the unit can't wreck!

Cheers Ylp, appreciated! Btw, is that your KV-1 in the siggy? If so, I'd love to know more about it, how you did the winter camouflage etc.... looks great!

Yes . it is one of my stuff.
The winter camouflage was done like this :
1. Paint the Suviet green all over the body with GUNZE or GAIA
2. Stab the tamiya acrylic white thinned with 75% alcohol(100% will ruin the base colour)by a round headed brush and try to keep the spots small and radom.
3. Stab on some different green(base green +white,yellow or +black ,brown) with sponge,to make some tinny peel off.
4. wash
5. pigment treatment.

Attachments

• bb.jpg
    bb.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 107
Lucky, looking good. Like airframes, I look at where something is going to end up in the model, i.e. can I reach it after assembly. I too would paint the road wheels and trucks before assembly. with the airbrush it is easier to paint the entire outer hull before assembly rather than trying to mask small isolated portions later

Aye... As it is, the wheels aren't glued, so they're easy to remove, which I'll do when we come to that stage. As for now, I've put the Firefly to the side, until I've ordered paint for it, which I'll do this week (I hope).....
Really want to get a Mk. Vc Firefly as well, so that I can mount those 60lbs rockets on the turret! 8)

Tooling on the Firefly, to find more inspiration for the other projects... :lol:

Attachments

• DSC_0012.jpg
    DSC_0012.jpg
    621.5 KB · Views: 142
  • DSC_0013.jpg
    DSC_0013.jpg
    679.8 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC_0014.jpg
    DSC_0014.jpg
    769.3 KB · Views: 97
Looks nice, I did the old Matchbox/Revell one in 1/76 recently:

IMG_2941R.jpg

This was painted bronze green which is not correct for 1944!

I have the Tamiya Firefly 1/48 kit in the stash too

If you want info on the paint colours, you need to follow the work of Mike Starmer, the complete expert on British Army camo colours

MAFVA

cheers

Andrew

Cheers gentlemen!
Working in the tracks now, get them rusty and so on.....

Attachments

• DSC_0032.jpg
    DSC_0032.jpg
    831.5 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC_0033.jpg
    DSC_0033.jpg
    803.7 KB · Views: 54

Users who are viewing this thread

Back