Shot Down Over Dunkirk.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Im sorry I didn't find this thread earlier. I was already interested in getting this book but haven't had a chance. I love your writing style it does the Pilot you are documenting a great justice.

I Congratulate you on getting published, Im a writer too, only starting out mind.

Cheers Alex

Believe it or not, I just finished this book. I got it without reference to this web site but when I read the passage about getting shot down over Dunkirk, I thought, "Hey, I've read this before."

Good book, great read. Easy read too. Not to technical, mostly about flying. Too bad Kenneth is no longer with us. Would've been a good guy to have a drink with.

Hi Tim,

Thanks also for the kind words.

I very much appreciate the feedback. Once you've written the book it takes on a life of its own and only through great forums like this one, my website and reviews do you generally get feedback. Such comments make the project very worthwhile as you live and breathe the book while you're putting it together.

I'll also post another excerpt in the not too distant future for all those who've enjoyed the samples thus far.

Thanks one and all.

Cheers

Owen

Hi all,

I have just been informed that 'Down to Earth' has been reviewed in the US in 'Air Space' magazine.

.....though that magazine will take a while to reach the land down under.:)

Cheers

Owen

As always outstanding to hear of the bravery these almost always unheard of men display. i had a great uncle who would of been most grateful of this gentelmans efforts. Im my minds eye i can almost immagine the man i knew as Uncle Harry { actually my grandmothers Brother } as a young scared tommy in the BEF on that hellish beach looking up to see the events you decribe unfold. Again outstanding! Is Kenneth McGlashan by any chance an Aussie, i ask this only due to your nationality and mine.

Heck, how did I miss this up until now? *g* Excellent writing! The snips you've posted flow really well, and as pointed out before, not alot of technical jargon to slow us dim-witted readers down! :occasion5:

I'm with Rabid', only just noticed this thread. What I've read so far is not only excellent, but compelling reading. Must get the book!
Thanks for the bits so far.
Terry.

Hi All,

Thanks for the posts. I'll get another excerpt up in the near future if there is still interest. I've been absent of late as I'm working on my next title.

"P-Popsie", Kenneth was actually a Scot. He emigrated to Australia with his family in the 1960s.

Thanks again one and all for the feedback.

Cheers

Owen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back