Should or Should'nt' I

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

trackend

Chief Master Sergeant
Dec 20, 2003
Ipswich, Suffolk
I need your opinions guys.
Classic Wings based at Duxford are offering a short flight in a Harvard
My question is this at £379 for 20mins or £499 for 30mins with a waggle of the stick thrown in it's not cheap. Do you think I should say sod the expense and do it anyway or are there better deals and experiences available elsewhere.

Actually knowing what it costs to fly an aircraft in the UK that sounds about right. I don't know if there are similar opportunites like that available in your neck of the woods but I'd look into other warbird rides and compare.

For a comparison, my brother in law paid for a T-28 ride - about a half hour cost him $250.00 us. His flight also involved a formation flight with several other aircraft.

Thats really good value Joe and I have a soft spot for the T28 where abouts was that because my wife and I have plans for a US visit next year and with any luck and I may be able to do crafty diversion.

Thats really good value Joe and I have a soft spot for the T28 where abouts was that because my wife and I have plans for a US visit next year and with any luck and I may be able to do crafty diversion.
That was at an airshow by San Diego which ironically is being held this weekend. If you get out on the west coast I could probably get you a ride in a T-28, L-29 or Jet Provost. The jets will be more expensive than the T-28. Also keep in mind the T-28 ride will be a bit more as this was several years ago. I think here you'll pay about half of what you will n the UK. Here's a photo of my brother in law in the T-28 closest to the camera...

Attachments

• form_952.jpg
    form_952.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 119
Too expensive. Just watch and listen. Take a short vacation with the wifey and stay at a hotel.

Yes do it!
Im thinking of asking for my 21st present for a flight in a mustang. I assume it will still be available in 3 years but its $750aus for 30 minutes. Like wildcat said you only live once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back