Shoutbox

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ScOoTeR1992

Senior Airman
Dec 19, 2007
right behind you
hi all seeming my other one was rejected (this one will probably be aswell) what about a shoutbox i will have attached a picture from another forum of what one looks like so what about this one

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_01 Jul. 05 22.42.jpg
    ScreenHunter_01 Jul. 05 22.42.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 163
I dont see the purpose of it.

People will post in there and not in the forums. I prefer the forums.

If people want to chat they can use yahoo or msn chat or something.

I have experience with these. I've been on numerous hockey simulation leagues under Catch22 (using NHL 08 as a simming program) where you make a player and there are GMs who draft you etc. Those things are simply activity killers. Post counts dramatically dropped once they were put in place. I understand that they are very different types of forums, but I think the result wouuldn't be as large, but we'd still see a drop in posting. Like Adler said, whoever wants to chat can use an IM.

Marcel hit it on the head. I like the international perspectives. And with the timezone changes, the ability to interact with some folks would be very limited. And Catch22's comment caught my eye.

"Those things are simply activity killers. Post counts dramatically dropped once they were put in place."

That pretty much says it all.

I agree with Marcel and Adler. I think our normal posting would drop off.
People would be "BS'ing" in the "chat room".

However, I would like to see a "Soapbox" where someone with a bone to pick
could vent his anger there. Not necessarily looking for a response, but just
to get something off his chest. It would not be for "member bashing", but
maybe something like a local news item that a member thinks was wrong or
done wrong. Something that really doesn't belong in our "Off Topic" thread.

Charles [stepping off soapbox]

People will post in there and not in the forums. I prefer the forums.

Nope, as it is only suitable for people in the same time-zone. The nice thing with this forum is the international nature of it.

Bingo!

I don't think it's needed here.

If you want to IM with someone, drop them a private message and set that up externally. I know Charles talks with a couple guys offline.

I have seen some forums with shoutbox. but sometimes because of shoutbox there are no updates on forums.. only on shoutbox..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back