Show us Your LHS !

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Capt. Vick you ever visit Willis Hobbies in Mineola? That's where I used to go when I lived in Queens and later when I lived down the block in Roslyn Heights.

View attachment 295474

Will have to snap a picture of my new local spot in Rock Hill next time I pick up some paint.

I have Sir, many times. They have a selection of the usual generic kits. Mostly a train and R/C shop. The whole upstairs is R/C everything. I think they can also host kids parties in the basement with an R/C race track. Good place for sheet styrene, brass and aluminum materials.

This is my LHS, Situated in the center of Antwerp, almost right next to the cathedral.
I still have a soft spot for this shop and it's owner. It a family buisiness since the mid 70's.
They have a huge selection of scale trains, cars both models and die cast and RC + a large selection of kits, paints, airbrush systems etc...
They are the only ones I know that have both Gunze, Tamiya, Humbrol, Revell and Model Master paints.
I got offered my first job there and worked at the plastic model department for a year.
It's a well known shop with visitors from all over the world...
10170935_665608863504489_2388971947192391198_n.jpg

herman_verschooten_antwerpen.preview.JPG

I'm resurrecting this one as Jim reminded me of it in the recent purchases thread. We're down to two shops in town now. The one at the bottom of post #44 closed its doors a couple of years ago. I never did post a picture of the other one called Model Land.

Similar thing here too. The shop I illustrated closed down late last year.
Not many years ago, there was this shop, plus two other stores that also stocked model kits, paints etc, and now they're all gone. I have to get everything on-line these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back