Show us your library.... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

So trying something different for those that might be interested. Format is Excel and No it's not complete and I am still working on it. There are Errors and I have redone the format a few times so not everything filled out and I still have more to go. But for those interested I think I have about 90 percent of my library cataloged here in excel. I did this for two reason, one you can not see everything in pictures and two it well helps me from getting duplicates. I have the filters turned on so you can do some searches by authors and such. As I said there are errors but its a work in progress. Might help for some people if they want feed back on some books but I have to admit I have more books right now then I have read but may help for people doing for research.

All the best

Paul
Thanks for sharing, made a quick look and found very interesting stuff.

No problem and your welcome, I am still adding more to the spread sheet. I will be glad when I have it up to date.
I'm myself doing the same, making an Excel file with my books but it takes some time.

Given that your library nears the thousand in the spread sheet certainly it should has take a big amount of time. I hope they aren't many of them still out of it!

I'm myself doing the same, making an Excel file with my books but it takes some time.

Given that your library nears the thousand in the spread sheet certainly it should has take a big amount of time. I hope they aren't many of them still out of it!

Morning,

Your right it takes quite a bit of time and wished I had started sooner. On the bright side I added another 61 books in today though am very close to being done :)

All the best

Paul

Thought I would add my small collection. Most of the book I buy have been for my father so he has the library. This is about 3/4 of the books and thousands of photos in albums and on CD. I have been getting air classic since the 70s. Once I put the books on shelves this past spring, I was surprise to see that I have more martial arts books than military. My favorite is still the first book I received from my father in the late 60s. Great Weapons if WW2. Many good b&w photos from the war.

Attachments

• IMG_20211022_163309.jpg
    IMG_20211022_163309.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20211022_163329.jpg
    IMG_20211022_163329.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 35
Thought I would add my small collection. Most of the book I buy have been for my father so he has the library. This is about 3/4 of the books and thousands of photos in albums and on CD. I have been getting air classic since the 70s. Once I put the books on shelves this past spring, I was surprise to see that I have more martial arts books than military. My favorite is still the first book I received from my father in the late 60s. Great Weapons if WW2. Many good b&w photos from the war.

Very cool, thanks for sharing

After a move prompted by the recovery from hurricane Katrine, my orderly and organised bookshelves in the old house have turned in to this disorganised library shared with the model building area. As you can see, finding a reference for the forum would be time consuming and take away from important model building.

IMG_6385 copy.jpg
IMG_6386 copy.jpg
IMG_6388 copy.jpg
IMG_6389 copy.jpg
IMG_6390 copy.jpg

The shelves are pine boards and periodically reinstalled turned over. Never, never use particle, or chip board shelves. They make a sudden very loud noise in the middle of the night. The old house was larger and I had shelves in two rooms. Could find anything I wanted. With the new smaller house, the books live in an airconditioned (a must for books) two story shop. In the old system I could go right to the books for the reference I wanted. Now that the memory is going, once I find something I may want to return to often, I put in a book mark strip. Now my books look like a cactus.

The shelves are pine boards and periodically reinstalled turned over. Never, never use particle, or chip board shelves. They make a sudden very loud noise in the middle of the night.
And so speak a man of great wisdom and experience.

Sorry about your material losses and hope you didn't loss any dear one.

I had some actual unit histories lost and an Operation Sandstone book given to those on the project (not me) of a Pacific island nuclear test. A few first editions, non aviation and some other books of general interest. Most of the aviation books have been replaced from on line purchases. I now have more of "There I was" volumes by Bob Stevens than I had before.

Wow! An impressive collection of Books and other stuff...

Unfortunately, I forced to sell all my "Sacred Defence" books, around 160, mostly first or second edition, for nearly free...

Things are getting better, I try to find those books and buy them, or at least, new editions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back