Show us your library....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here is part of my library, as there are five other assorted sized bookcases not shown in the closet.

Terry

Attachments

• DSCF0677.JPG
    DSCF0677.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCF0772.JPG
    DSCF0772.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 46
I have to get rid of most of my books. Annie would never know what to do with them if she has to deal with getting rid og them. I was gonna put them on ebay, but shipping of books in Oz is hor-endous!!!!!! So I may take them to my I-PMS meeting in Jan.

Got my 50 Years of Playboy upstairs next to the lounging chair. I read the articles!
Hi;. Also in Oz and find myself in a similar situation. I have a collection of probably 5/6000 aviation books, magazines and memorabilia collected over the past 60 years. Due to downsizing, no where to display them, not wanting to leave the problem to family & aging, I want to dispose of the majority. I would like to donate them to aviation museums, air cadets or somewhere that they would be used, I do not have the time or inclination to go down the eBay route and would be happy to give them to members who would be prepare to pay postage.

They are currently stored in boxes in the garage and I do not want them to become cocky tucker.

I would greatly appreciate any ideas/suggestions. The collection has magazines dating back to the 1920's.

Last edited:
As someone of German ancestry, how do you find anything? There is no order that I can see except your memory, which will fade as I have learned. In my old house I had bookshelves on three walls in two rooms. In an effort to find things, I went to the library to inquire about systems. She knew her system throughly but thought it was the best. The internet gave up four catalog systems. In the end, I simply used the time scale as a catalog. Started with the beginnings of flight, and progressed from there, using different rows for units, non aviation, etc. Then came hurricane Katrina forcing a move to a slightly smaller home but with less usable library space. I can"t find a damn thing. I know I have seen it or read it, but where is it? Since I am complaining, I should have responded in the "annoyed" thread.

Thanks guys,

Special Ed and Escuadrilla Azul, As far as room goes I have most of the stuff in one room and as far as arrangement goes mainly by country for most of it though some of it by campaign. Most of the Russian are on one shelf. Japanese another. Europe together and squadrons. So yeah I guess a its a controlled mess. The modern day ones mostly belong to my son. He finishes college in 2 weeks and then in one month we move him to an apartment and will takes his with him last I talked with him.

Wayne, would love to see your collection if you get a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back