Size Does Matter!!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

capt cook's monument

Attachments

• 051500j.jpg
    051500j.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 99
Some that I can add.
First The Giant rocking horse at Gumeracha in the Adelaide Hills, not far from where I live.
I also have pics of the big Koala that Hinze posted, I can't remember the name of the town.

Attachments

• IMG_0226.JPG
    IMG_0226.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0227.JPG
    IMG_0227.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0319.JPG
    IMG_0319.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0320.JPG
    IMG_0320.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 100
I saw this big bird close to "Pelican Rapids" Minnesota, now I'm not an ornip... ornitho..... um... bird doctor, but this don't look like no Pelican to me? :confused:

Attachments

• Big.turkey2.bmp
    671.1 KB · Views: 145
Well, not really that there'd be a highway near (actually, there is one realy close!) but Prague has the largest horse statue in Europe. Statue of Jan Žižka.

Attachments

• gal003.JPG
    gal003.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 80
  • ziz1.jpg
    ziz1.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 80
I saw this big bird close to "Pelican Rapids" Minnesota, now I'm not an ornip... ornitho..... um... bird doctor, but this don't look like no Pelican to me? :confused:

I not a bird guy either, but my brother is, and just from exposure I'd have to guess that's a ruffed grouse, but it's surely not a pelican.

And now for a couple more.

First here's the Ukranian Egg in Vegreville, Alberta, not far from Edmonton.

518503-Vegreville_pysanka-Vegreville.jpg

And here's the Enterprise in Vulcan, Alberta.

1416162246_25e75d9263.png

The Big Bison, near Kirkland Lake, Ontario, Canada

Attachments

• BigBison.JPG
    BigBison.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 71
There is a thing that the welsh do,that is very similar.there is a modern group of people,who have created a thing called the eisteddfod,and claim it is an ancient druid thing that has been discovered and re-created as it originally was in the ancient past.the thing they do,is hold a big gathering,and built a fake stone circles all over wales,wherever the eisteddfod has taken place.the crafty thing is,as time goes by,and the eisteddfod event is forgotten,the local town/village folk,promote the stone circles as original ancient stone circles.
Here are a couple of pictures of a modern 1951 built stone circle in a town called llanrwst.I grew up in this area,and no one knew there had been an eisteddfod held there,only,that there was an ancient stone circle,built thousands of years ago by mysterious druids.
Here is a link to a wiki entry,that lists all welsh towns that have a fake modern stone circle,created for the eisteddfod meetings.

National Eisteddfod of Wales - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These pics are of the llanrwst modern stone circle,which have recently been damaged by vandals.

Attachments

• llanrwst3.jpg
    llanrwst3.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 54
  • llanrwst stone circle.jpg
    llanrwst stone circle.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 59

Users who are viewing this thread

Back