Slam's builds - the good, the bad and the fugly

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

An impressive collection and all nice looking models even if there was a hiccup or two along the way. Certainly am looking forward to a few more of these fugly builds.
b0227.gif

WoW !! :shock:.... you have a very well-crafted collection of birds.

Made with whole law.
I have a lot to practice and keep learning. Congratulations Slam :thumbleft:

Thanks, lads. It's good to receive praise from your peers. I'll get more up soon but my plate's full right now.

Ever since my wife learned how to run the barbecue, the minions have fared poorly...

Actually, it was she that chose that Eduard kit: "That's cute! Do they really mean 'weekend'? Bet you can do it." My wife's great for my hobby, she really is. "That looks awful! Those Germans knew nothing about color-coordination. Here, build this one."

I spent a lot of time working out my techniques so sometimes I can almost build on autopilot. The Yak fit well and had a low parts count. Economy of motion: build the wings while the cockpit dries, kind of thing. I glossed with Metalizer Sealer, which dries in seconds. That helped. And I cut corners too. That said, some Tamiya kits can be done in a weekend as well, but some of the other Eduard 'weekend' kits can't. That La-7, for instance. Too fiddly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back