Slow Picture Display

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Crimea_River

Marshal
Nov 16, 2008
Calgary
Is it me or has anyone else noticed a drastic slowdown of pictures being displayed in the threads? Seems to have been a recent spate of complaints about ISP's but I'm wondering if we have something else going on?

No problem with displaying of anything. It might have been caused by updatings of yours net browser or OSes.

So the reason might be the one I have mentioned in post #4.

If you are using Mozilla Firefox 8.0, it uses a lot more RAM than before. A lot of folks are complaining about it and switching to Chrome or other web browsers. It has slowed my machine some but it's not to bad. Hopefully they will get the issue resolved soon.

I can't agree Im afraid. I have Vista installed with the laptop + 1GB RAM only . No problem with RAM amount when Mozilla Firefox ver. 8.0 working. Contrary to that, many of my mates here complain about IE and other net browsers with Windows OS going at first. I have installed Firefox for my old desktop computer with Win98SE. Of course I had had to find a version of the browser working with the OS. All problems with the net stopped at once.

Last edited:
I kept getting a high RAM usage by MF warning from my AVG program so I got MF's site and found out a lot of folks were ticked about it. It will hang up on me from time to time, like I said, hopefully they will have the problem resolved soon.

I see. The problem can be caused by some problems with an OS installed. Especially by OS Register where the mess is the hugest. I would suggest using one of programs for an OS cleaning. E.g. Tuneup, etc....

Mozilla suggested disabling a certain program excelerater, I'm not sure which one but I haven't done this yet. The problem is not to bad for me yet. I do my comp maintenance on a regular bases ie once a month. Dumping the temp files, fixing the registry, defragging the system and so on.

I see. Then all should have been going well with the computer there. I have to talk with my mates of soft&hardware service. Maybe I can find out more.

:thumbright:
I am not very computer literate so I get kind of nervous when I'm not sure of what it is I'm doing. :) That's why I didn't shut of the program excelerater. If you do find something positive if you will PM me I would appreciate it very much. Thank you Wurger.:thumbright: :cool:

I did to Mozilla what Wurger suggested in another thread of my own.
"Tools", "Options", "Advanced", "Network", "Offline storage", "cache" "Clear now"!
sometimes mine gets pretty high and this seemed to help a bit.

I'm running IE 9 on Windows 7 Home Premium. Using that just because I have all my bookmarks there. The wife and kids use Firefox 8. I'll try comparing and see what happens.

Edit: Noticed that posts with single pics load quickly. Posts with multiple pics take forever. Firefox 8 is slower than IE 9 when I tried both.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back