So there I was, at 10,500 feet...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The flight back was pretty uneventful, aside from some turbulence from the leading edge of an arctic high. We had to descend quickly to get below the muck, as seen in the air speed indicator (Joe, I thought you might appreciate 150 knots in the Commander!).

The first shot shows the remnants of the flour from the T-6 bombing competition the weekend before.

Attachments

• DSC_1711.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC_1727.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC_1731.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC_1735.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 67

Nice shot! The most amazing part is that the B-2 was actually BELOW you, not above you; any idea where he was headed? I know they're not stationed out here on the West Coast, he must have been going to or from somwhere; Edwards, maybe?

Yeah, I am guessing Edwards because he was going South when I shot that. Earlier in the day, a friend of mine who lives in the AV said he saw one heading north. Edwards has one or two of these anyway, so I am assuming it was probably theirs. I had heard that they were cleared to fly again, but never dreamed I would be able to get a shot like that.

Thanks Joe. We did flight following, so I was able to look at the flight tracker data from the trip up, and it looks like our descent on the way up was a bit faster.

nice job dude i wounder how rare that is

Users who are viewing this thread